Happy Halloween!!!

susie b

I'm certain many of you will remember this grade school music appreciation filmstrip version of tone poem, Danse Macabre, Opus 40 by one of my favorite Romantic Era French composers, Camille Saint-Saëns.

The watercolor illustrations by Harold Dexter Hoppes are magnificent.

Enjoy!!!

🎃🖤💀🧡🦇🦴🎻

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, James said:

Me too Kirk, but then again, unlike Susie, we did not go to schools for the future Renaissance Men and Women of the world.  : )

P.S. strong stuff Susie!

I remember walking to my grade school while carrying my violin case and envisioning my 9 year old self playing Danse Macabre.

While I didn't grow up to be the concert violinist like our beloved Darlene, I can still scratch out a tune.

🎃🖤🎻

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, susie b said:

I remember walking to my grade school while carrying my violin case and envisioning my 9 year old self playing Danse Macabre.

While I didn't grow up to be a concert violinist like our beloved Darlene, I can still scratch out a tune.

🎃🖤🎻

🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶 I accidentally quoted myself, so enjoy a musical interlude with one of my favorite violinists, Filip Pogády.