ABBA reuniting

James

I think they´re almost as old as you, Kirk, I think the oldest is late 70s, so just a decade or so younger than you. So there is a good possiblity they are alive.

But does anyone know for sure? Does anyone really know what time it is?  How do we know that you, Kirk, are alive?....isn´t it possible, or even likely,  that the California Secret Police did away with you for pronoun misuse, and installed a fake Kirk to spy on Lew and all the other fascists here at ec.com???? 

Hmmm..

TO BE CONTINUED

: )

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, James said:

Saw this info in the New York Post. Supposedly they are going to put out an album and do a virtual concert. This is big news, as big as any of our era, really.

P.S. can´t believe I got this news up here before Matt!!  : )  

I was on their mailing list... www.abbavoyage.com  and I got this news a few days ago with two of the new songs. They are doing a virtual tour whereby using video capture technology developed by Industrial Light and Magic they appear as they looked in 1975. In truth, the voices and music are unmistakeable ABBA. Good for them!

• Like 1

I do like "Waterloo" (1974), "S.O.S." (1975) & "Take A Chance On Me" (1978), my favorite ABBA songs!! I also downloaded only 3 songs from their last album in late 1981 called "The Visitors" including the title track (almost sounds like Led Zeppelin on acid), "When All Is Said And Done" (their last Top 40 song in January of 1982 peaking at # 27) & "One Of Us". 

They are the real deal. Maybe the best deal pop music has ever seen. The writing, production, arrangements and singing, wow. Benny Anderson is most responsible for the melodies, and thus is monstrously underrated as a genius of our era. Virtually nobody knows his name - pretty underrated.

I own their catalog, and it is wall-to-wall good- great. Not just a hit factory applying the same recipe to every song, though their hits are out of this world great.

And Agatha´s trasera..

OMG.

: )

Whenever I hear ABBA all I can think of is Dancing Queen. Went to a StarTrek convention years ago for the weekend. On Saturday night we had Klingon Karaoke. One of the roadies, Leon, a not too tiny fella, did Dancing Queen complete with “ballet” moves. It was great!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1