ASK TRASK

Vinnie B Trask

I am in favor of prostitution being legal. No brainer. Though it should be zoned away from where people would have to come in contact with the prostitution scene. For me , though prostitution/paying for sex grosses me out personally, it´s a fundamental liberty of those who choose to participate.

Suicide is more complicated. I´d be for its legalization, no brainer at first thought, but the problem is if its legal, older/sick/dependent people will feel pressured to go to a suicide clinic and die, in order to save their loved ones a headache, as they´d see it. Also, more dark, is some relatives of old/sick/dependant/rich people would pressure the old/sick/dependant/rich person into suicide. For those reasons I´m against its legalization. I believe there is some disturbing evidence of the darker side of suicide in a/some northern European nations that have legalized it. 

Signed,
James
AskTrusk´s assistant, standing in for the man

• Like 1

On 9/4/2021 at 0:23 PM, Lew Bundles said:

Dear Mr. Trask…If Democrats are pro abortion because a woman has the right to chose what to do with their own body, are they also, using the same logic,  in favor of suicide and prostitution?

The legality of suicide is irrelevant since you cannot be punished for doing it.

Prostitution should be legal. Democrats point of view on these subject vary.

I mean abortion should be legal but with conditions. The republcans got this one wrong but are only against for the votes

On 9/4/2021 at 1:35 PM, James said:

I am in favor of prostitution being legal. No brainer. Though it should be zoned away from where people would have to come in contact with the prostitution scene. For me , though prostitution/paying for sex grosses me out personally, it´s a fundamental liberty of those who choose to participate.

Suicide is more complicated. I´d be for its legalization, no brainer at first thought, but the problem is if its legal, older/sick/dependent people will feel pressured to go to a suicide clinic and die, in order to save their loved ones a headache, as they´d see it. Also, more dark, is some relatives of old/sick/dependant/rich people would pressure the old/sick/dependant/rich person into suicide. For those reasons I´m against its legalization. I believe there is some disturbing evidence of the darker side of suicide in a/some northern European nations that have legalized it. 

Signed,
James
AskTrask´s assistant, standing in for the man

Thank you James, you are a gentleman and a scholar!

• Like 1

Signed,
James
AskTrusk´s assistant, standing in for the man

I agree with this in theory but in practice it’s harder to make that call. Not so much the suicide idea but end of life care, especially pain management. My dad passed this morning and up until last night he was in horrible pain and couldn’t breathe . No practitioner would prescribe anything stronger than Percocet until yesterday afternoon. I’ve been saying for over a week that he needed morphine but you know there’s that opioid epidemic that must be kept in mind. He got some morphine. Was finally able to sleep. then my mom got a call at 2:30 in the morning telling her he probably wouldn’t last the night and that he was in much more severe pain and really couldn’t breathe. They said they could give him more medicine that would help but needed her permission. She told them to do whatever they needed. Really???  Please. He’s 88 years old with end stage COPD , heart failure, and blood cancer. So what if he got addicted. Like he was going to be around much longer to need to worry about it  anyway.
sorry if I got up on my soapbox but I’ve dealt with this at work so many times before it got this personal. We euthanize animals that are suffering but won’t give human beings the same courtesy   
he’s comfortable now  

RIP dad

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/9/2021 at 11:07 AM, Lew Bundles said:

Dear Mr. Trask…Please explain why, if the Democrats want to “tax the rich” and make them pay even more than they do, why do the richest states in the Union,(Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Virginia, etc.) always vote Democrat..?

It is an interesting question. In NJ we have had many Republican's Governors but more dems for sure,

I think its easier for the wealthy people to pay more tax's but they seldom do. Its effect on the wealthy ppl  is in little or no way.  Middle class ppl are the ones who get burned.  Too many handouts to the poor.....too many loop holes for the rich. The MIddle gets burned baby.

And those of us who grew up in NY and NJ always know Trump was a prick with a silver spoon in his mouth.

I did like his fight promotion's in Atlantic City

come on  ASK ME SOME REAL SHIT