90s, top 10 songs?

James

We don't talk about the 90s ssso much here, and I personally was not into music then as I was earlier and later in my life. But still I know of some good stuff from that decade.

What is you guys' opinion on the music from that decade?......and what are your top 10ish 90s songs?

Mine:

1. Beloved Wife, Natalie Merchant 

2. The Emperor's New Clothes, Sinead O'Connor 

3. Mr. Jones, Counting Crows 

4. Adalida, George Strait...though Sugerland's live performance is even better than George's version 

5. A day without rain,  Enya...released in 2000 but I'm gonna cheat as I'm sure she wrote it in the 90s. Beautiful instrumental is this song 

6. Don't tell me what to do,  Pam Tillis......addicting country melody 

7. Keeper of the stars, Tracy Bird....strong country pian based ballad 

8. When you're gone, Cranberries 

9. Nothing compares to you, Sinead O'Connor taking a Prince song to another universe 

10. Heart of the matter, Don Henley...maybe should be #1, but hard to associate Henley with the 1990s..I know..I'm dumb here 

11. In a different light, Doug Stone...like most songs here, could be #1 on any given day. This song is tremendo. 

12. Wonder, Natalie Merchant 

13. A long December, Counting Crows 

14. Round Here, Counting Crows...great rocking melody band..surprised we don't talk about them here. 

15. Zombie, Cranberries......Deloris O. was the Eric Carmen of the Cranberries. 

16. Summer's Coming, Clint Black....some strong Country pop came from the early to mid 90s 

17. If God was one of us, Joan Osborne 

...and you guys?

• Like 1

Since I lived in the mountains during the 90's and could only get country music stations, that's about all I know from that decade...

John Michael Montgomery: I Swear, I Can Love You Like That, I Love The Way You Love Me.

Bryan White: Someone Else's Star

Lonestar: Everything's Changed, Smile

Collin Raye: In This Like, If I Were You

There's 8 from just 4 artists! Depending how long this thread goes, I'll add some more later.

• Like 1

Well, I certainly can't list only 10. So I'll start in early 90's:

Fly High Michelle - Enuff Z Nuff  
Cry For Help - Rick Astley  
Joyride-Roxette    
She Talks To Angels-Black Crowes
Baby's Coming Back-Jellyfish  
Still Got The Blues - Gary Moore
High Enough - Damn Yankees  
Just The Way It Is Baby - The Rembrandts
Show Me The Way - Styx  
Love And Affection - Nelson  

• Like 1

On 8/9/2021 at 9:05 PM, Craig Benfer said:

Well, I certainly can't list only 10. So I'll start in early 90's:

Fly High Michelle - Enuff Z Nuff  
Cry For Help - Rick Astley  
Joyride-Roxette    
She Talks To Angels-Black Crowes
Baby's Coming Back-Jellyfish  
Still Got The Blues - Gary Moore
High Enough - Damn Yankees  
Just The Way It Is Baby - The Rembrandts
Show Me The Way - Styx  
Love And Affection - Nelson  

That's a pretty good list, Craig. My highlights from your list highlighted above.

Bernie

On 8/9/2021 at 6:40 PM, Kirk said:

I remember one pop song: The Oneders- That Thing You Do.

That Thing You Do! is my favorite movie of all time!

I pretty much lost interest in pop music after 1989, but I have heard some newer acts on "Little Steven's Underground Garage" on the satellite radio that I really like such as the Connection, Kurt Baker, the Dollyrots, and Soraia.

• Like 2

Can't forget the Pumpkins!!!

They were a fixture in Wrigleyville at Cabaret Metro in the late 1980's before they broke into the big time.

And for Lew's cranky musicians post, Billy Corgan was a total sweetheart as was D'arcy Wretzky, and I remember that James Iha rode his motorcycle through the building to the stage for sound checks and practice.

🎃

• Like 2

My gosh, I just happened on this song yesterday while fooling around, ..it's the real deal. Never heard of this band until now, but will be trying out a CD or 2. If any of you guys know stuff about the band, or members solo, ...do tell:

2 hours ago, James said:

My gosh, I just happened on this song yesterday while fooling around, ..it's the real deal. Never heard of this band until now, but will be trying out a CD or 2. If any of you guys know stuff about the band, or members solo, ...do tell:

James, 

Did you see my above post of Fade Into You?

Wikipedia probably will give you a basic overview of Mazzy Star.

It's complicated.