Raspberries overrated…

Lew Bundles

I did not look at the article but the Raspberries are underrated.

There are many out there that do not know who the Raspberries are. Then there are those who consider them a one hit wonder.

Neither is the case. They had their share of solid tunes that were well produced and well recorded for its time.

Its true that their influences are very obvious but they utilized their influence to create their own sound.

If Eric carmen is your lead vocalist you are already a rock solid contender!!

VBT

• Like 1

This guy is in his 40s according to the search I did. He would have been in his 30s or late 20s when he wrote this so I don't place any value on his opinion. I was there before Raspberries (Mods, Choir, Cyrus Erie, Quick). For whatever reason Cleveland critics past and present never got it.

• Thanks 1

Bwahaha “ The band can’t touch big star“???? Thanks I needed a laugh to start my day!

I like how he refers to the band wearing “disco suits” in 1973, A few years before disco, so wait, is he saying raspberries started the disco movement too? Another influence by the band apparently! Keep helping the cause, Junior.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1