LC

"All By Myself" vs. "Alone Again (Naturally)"

8 hours ago, LC said:

Vinnie, I didn't say that clip was John Lennon singing. Read more closely, man! It says "somebody doing 'Alone Again' in a John Lennon way."

That said, I would tend to agree that "AAN" has a McCartney-esque flavor as well. But I'm not backing down that I hear some Lennon in it. The best Beatles-influenced acts (ELO, World Party, Raspberries) could channel both Lennon and McCartney—and some Harrison, too. In "Alone Again," the melancholy in the melody reminds me of Paul, the gloom-and-doom theme of John.

I would say John Lennon circa 1963-1966 would have sung a mean vocal on Alone Again.

The song is Beatle like and either could have crooned it

VBT

• Like 1

LC   

Well done. A slightly more pained reading... and such a clean sound. 

There was an "Ally McBeal" episode called "Alone Again" (the only episode that was "TV - G" on FOX) & Vonda Shepard did "Alone Again (Naturally)" at the end of the episode from late 1997 during the 1st season!!! 

• Like 2

LC   

Hey, this is really powerful. Love the opening strings that leave you waiting for the vocal, and then we're treated to such a clean, beautifully played and sung rendition. Never heard this, so... thank you Matthew.