Matthew C. Clark

"All By Myself" (Expedia)

LC   

Not to be critical, but... I don't think that ad is very effective. It's too "racing thoughts"-ish. Takes so long to get to the point. I'd give it a C-. 

• Like 1

I agree...only I'm only thinking a D-.   Perhaps "Leaving on a Jet Plane", would have been a better choice,  written by John Denver, performed of course, by Peter, Paul and Mary.

• Like 1

Vinnie...not sure if he gets songwriter royalties anymore...He sold the publishing rights a while ago...I assume that performance royalties would still be intact, but they didn’t use his recording...I think that’s how it works...

• Like 1

Duane   
6 hours ago, raspathens said:

In January 2018, Eric reportedly sold his entire catalog for an estimated $245,000,000.00.

WOW!!!

Kirk   
6 hours ago, raspathens said:

In January 2018, Eric reportedly sold his entire catalog for an estimated $245,000,000.00.

Where did you source this number?

Kirk   
13 hours ago, raspathens said:

O.k., I found where that number came from. It was an article in MusicBusiness World. That figure was for the entire catalog of artists of which Eric was a part.

"Round Hill Music acquired Carlin Music for a sum in the region of $245m in January.

It catalog includes songs and/or recordings by the likes of The Beatles, Eddie Holland, Neil Sedaka, The Rolling Stones, The Offspring, Bruno Mars, Cee Lo Green, Frank Sinatra, James Brown, Bon Jovi, Steve Perry, Louis Armstrong, Tina Turner, Ella Fitzgerald, Celine Dion, Britney Spears, N Sync, Mötley Crüe, Eric Carmen, Percy Sledge, Warrant, Bush and Katy Perry and many others.Music Business Worldwide."

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, raspathens said:

That's a high number so if he got this, i do not feel bad about no royalties

Carmen did not receive any of the 245 mill because it was already owned by Carlin music who sold that catalog. Not sure what he got originally by Carlin music. but his net worth is appox 10 million

14 hours ago, Kirk said:

Where did you source this number?

I saw it but they got  more than EC's music with that deal. This tells me that the catalog Carmen had was previous sold way back and then resold in this deal.