Kirk

How many have you heard?

Kirk   

These demos were done in the early 90's at Andy Cahan's studio in L.A. Some of them have never seen the light of day. How many have you heard?

1. HOW CAN YOU TELL

2. QUIET TRAIN

3. NOW I'M ALONE

4. YOUR LAST CHANCE

5. SO LITTLE TIME

6. I NEED YOUR LOVIN'

7. MORNING

8. CARTOON WORLD

9. ALL THINGS MUST END

10.STRAIGHT TIME

11.CINDY

I have not heard the first 4, and possibly #6, if I Need Your Lovin' is really You Need Some Lovin'. #7 I assume is Morning Has Broken Me, and #11 is Cindy In The Wind. I think the titles were posted by Andy, and it appears he abbreviated some of them. Well, how about you?

I don’t think I have heard any of them...If these were left as Christmas nuggets under the tree at one time or another, I didn’t have a computer with (whatever I needed) to download them...Can any of these be “rebroadcast” for us...?

Kirk   

Lew, I tried to drag and drop Cindy In The Wind (which I'm surprised you've never heard), but it won't take mp3's. Probably too big of a file. Maybe Bernie can help with this.

4 hours ago, Lew Bundles said:

I don’t think I have heard any of them...If these were left as Christmas nuggets under the tree at one time or another, I didn’t have a computer with (whatever I needed) to download them...Can any of these be “rebroadcast” for us...?

You never heard Cindy In The Wind ???!!!

"I Need Your Lovin'" was a Cyrus Erie original written by Eric. It was covered by Freeport in 1970. Their version is very close to the studio demo done by Cyrus Erie.

Bernie

• Thanks 1

Kirk   

I have heard this song before- didn't make the association at the time I was doing the demo list- so it's just the first 4 I haven't heard.

Kirk   
2 minutes ago, blackhawkpat said:

“Cindy” was done in the 90’s? I always thought that was a very early Eric demo. I’ve always loved that song !

Pat, IIRC- these demos were done in '93 to protect Eric's copyrights- the version of Cindy I have is fully orchestrated and sounds ready for airplay...

Kirk   
On 4/6/2021 at 6:33 AM, Lew Bundles said:

Lew, I sent you Cindy in 2019...I found a demo thread I had started a couple of years ago. I think it was a PM on FB- go back and check.

Kirk   

It's still there and it still plays- go back to one of our earliest conversations- you thanked me for sending it, so I assume you listened to it. Seniors...

• Haha 2

James   

If I were Eric (I'm not of course but I'm just thinking out loud)...I'd take the best of what I'd written, and produce those songs into finished recordings and get them on an album. For posterity. For the enjoyment of those who love good music, today and 100 years from now. I understand there is expense involved, but great fully produced versions of songs can be accomplished at very reasonable cost. And there is always the possibility that sales would cover the cost, or better, and there's  the outside chance the album could take off.

James

1 hour ago, James said:

If I were Eric (I'm not of course but I'm just thinking out loud)...I'd take the best of what I'd written, and produce those songs into finished recordings and get them on an album. For posterity. For the enjoyment of those who love good music, today and 100 years from now. I understand there is expense involved, but great fully produced versions of songs can be accomplished at very reasonable cost. And there is always the possibility that sales would cover the cost, or better, and there's  the outside chance the album could take off.

James

Yeah, some of these songs are really terrific ones and I don’t understand why they never got released? I am sure Eric could have the pick of the litter of musicians who would be willing to play on these records and update them for him.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, blackhawkpat said:

I am sure Eric could have the pick of the litter of musicians who would be willing to play on these records and update them for him.

A great project for producer extraordinaire Tommy Allen!

:cool:

• Like 3

LC   
On 4/6/2021 at 8:29 AM, Kirk said:

These demos were done in the early 90's at Andy Cahan's studio in L.A. Some of them have never seen the light of day. How many have you heard?

1. HOW CAN YOU TELL
2. QUIET TRAIN
3. NOW I'M ALONE
4. YOUR LAST CHANCE
5. SO LITTLE TIME
6. I NEED YOUR LOVIN'
7. MORNING
8. CARTOON WORLD
9. ALL THINGS MUST END
10.STRAIGHT TIME
11.CINDY

I have not heard the first 4, and possibly #6, if I Need Your Lovin' is really You Need Some Lovin'. #7 I assume is Morning Has Broken Me, and #11 is Cindy In The Wind. I think the titles were posted by Andy, and it appears he abbreviated some of them. Well, how about you?

I think I've heard only "Cartoon World" and "Cindy (in the Wind)." And now the cover of "I Need Your Lovin'." I've got some bootlegs to find!

I wonder if "Now I'm Alone" is a follow-up to "All By Myself"?

And if "Morning" is a follow-up to "Last Night"?