Raspberries: Hall-bound someday?

LC

Our friend Marvin Matthews continues the grass-roots campaign to get Raspberries into the Rock'n'Roll Hall of Fame. The irrefutable case he makes (in updated form) appears in Rock Cellar mag.

Someday, when they're cool? Maybe? We can only hope... and join the fight.

https://www.rockcellarmagazine.com/the-raspberries-rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame-case/ 

• Like 1

For Raspberries fans, we don't need to have them recognized by the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame to know that they were one of greatest bands ever. Seeing who they have nominated in the past (Dionne Warrwick?) I don't place much credence in their selection process.  Eric Carmen deserves to be there for his solo career. Even if a band wins the fan votes, they are not assured of a place in the Rock Hall. I will just continue to listen to them and love their music.

• Like 1

If I were an artist, and they voted me in, I'd not accept in protest to the rancid choices and non choices of the hof's past. 

Eric Carmen, as an individual, has written the vast majority of songs, sung and led the efforts for 10 albums, 8 of the 10 being 5 star albums, and the other 2 good/very good. Not mentioning his non album hits and writing for other artists.

Given all that, the fact he's not in is reason enough in itself to give no creedence the the rock hof. 

IMHO.

He knows who he is, he knows how talented he is, he's always known.

Eric has always had something, that a lot of artists never get. Confidence in his work, and perfection in all things.  He doesn't need or want any praise for his talent. Despite being very shy, Eric is one of the most humble and kind men, I have ever had the privilege of knowing, personally.

I've lived a long time, and listened to his music since his first performance with the Berries,  I have never and most probably never will, met anyone else like him.

just sayin....

• Like 1

I think it’s interesting that Burton Cummings, the lead singer/keyboardist and driving force of the great band the Guess Who  (another group that definitely should have been in there years ago) does not allow posts on his nor The Guess Who Facebook page regarding the band not being in the Hall. He just says while he appreciates the efforts and frustrations of the fans, it’s just not worth talking about to him because if they were going to be in, they should’ve been put in many years ago. I think the fans take it harder than the bandmembers do.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...