AM/FM Trivia

Craig Benfer

#3) Red Rubber Ball was written by Paul Simon, since my older brother had the 45 and practically wore out the grooves playing it!

P.S. - Jerry Lewis always sang "Smile" on his Labor Day Muscular Dystrophy telethons, and never failed to mention that the song was written by one of his idols, Charlie Chaplin.

Jerry Lewis & Cleo Laine - "Smile" (1982) - MDA Telethon - Bing video

• Like 1

I had zero clue as to the correct composers/lyricists for Lew's quiz with the exception of Charlie Chaplin's Smile, but Batman already answered question #1.

I researched the others, so I must disqualify myself on this quiz.  Interesting results!

Very cool questions, Lew!

:)

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, susie b said:

I had zero clue as to the correct composers/lyricists for Lew's quiz with the exception of Charlie Chaplin's Smile, but Batman already answered question #1.

I researched the others, so I must disqualify myself on this quiz.  Interesting results!

Very cool questions, Lew!

:)

Sorry, Susie B. I did not mean to steal your thunder! LOL!

# 2 Went to # 46 (Hot 100 in February of 1983), written by Paul Jabara & Paul Shaffer (David Letterman keyboardist) The Weather Girls follow up "Well-A-Wiggy" (written by Canadian, the late Jesse Winchester) went to # 107 (Bubbling Under) in August of 1985. Singer Martha Wash sang in the C & C Music Factory "Gonna Make You Sweat" (Everybody Dance Now) in 1991!!! 

The only unanswered question in the latest quiz was #3.. We're All Alone was a hit for Rita Coolidge in 1977. It was written by Boz Scaggs and can be found on his popular Silk Degrees album. Great song!

After Quiz #8:

Batman 8
susie b 8
Matthew C. Clark 7
Lew Bundles 6
Kirk 3
Doreen 1
James 1

Quiz #9:

1. Which Simon & Garfunkel song begins "I'm sitting in a railway station, got a ticket for my destination" ?

2. Which member of the Bee Gees is not a twin?

3. Who recorded the 1971 top 10 hit Got To be There?

4. For four albums, between1978 through 1982, Bernie Taupin was not Elton John's primary lyricist. The name of Elton's new lyricist for these albums was Gary __________.

5. When the Osmond Brothers became recording stars, how many brothers were in the group?

6. Who sang Everlasting Love, which was a Top 10 hit in 1974?

Want to clear up what the rules are. My understanding is we can each only answer one question, but if after a certain (how much?) amount of time questions go unanswered, we can answer those still unanswered?

P.S. 

#2 Barry Gibb

1 hour ago, James said:

Want to clear up what the rules are. My understanding is we can each only answer one question, but if after a certain (how much?) amount of time questions go unanswered, we can answer those still unanswered?

P.S. 

#2 Barry Gibb

You're understanding is correct. Only one question. When I determine that the quiz is over, I give you the answer to any unanswered questions, if there are any, for those of you that are curious of the correct answer. I may change up the rules a bit for the next quiz when this one has ended.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Quiz #10:

1. Party Doll was #1 in 1957 for what singer?

2. What 1973 album by Wings contained a #1 single that had the same title as the LP?

3. Why did the Lovin' Spoonful say "You didn't have to be so nice"?

4. Baby I Love You was a 1964 top 25 single for what female trio from New York City?

5. That's When The ________ Takes Me was a #27 single for Neil Sedaka in 1975

6. What country is Joe Jackson from?

2. Band on the Run

Craig, wouldn´t it be even more fun if after everybody has done their best to answer one question, and there are no more posts pursuant to this, ...to, before you close the Quiz down, open up the unanswered questions to any/all of us even if we´d already answered one question?

52 minutes ago, James said:

2. Band on the Run

Craig, wouldn´t it be even more fun if after everybody has done their best to answer one question, and there are no more posts pursuant to this, ...to, before you close the Quiz down, open up the unanswered questions to any/all of us even if we´d already answered one question?

Absolutely! That's exactly what I was thinking  about doing. The only thing I was contemplating was whether to allow one more answer or to allow the participant to answer any or all unanswered questions.