AM/FM Trivia

Craig Benfer

45 minutes ago, Batman said:

I thought we were only to answer ONE question? I'm done.

Yes....it seems the rules need to be re-read. Only getting credit for one answer.

The Standings after Question #1:

Batman     1
James       1
Lew            1
Susie          1

** Please only answer ONE question and if your'e not participating, wait until the next quiz is posted before commenting on the previous one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Suggestion... maybe Craig should impose a time limit on each quiz.

I get frustrated when questions go unanswered for several days.  Either no one else knows the answer, or like me, others refrain from answering multiple questions until other members have had an opportunity to do so.

I answer multiple questions to move us on to the next quiz.

Sorry for being a question piggie.  🤭🐖

Love these quizzes! ♥️

Thank you, Craig!!!  😊

On 8/20/2020 at 6:05 PM, Craig Benfer said:

Quiz #2:

1. I'm Gonna Knock On Your Door was #12 in 1961 by what 14 year old boy?

2. I Fought The Law was a 1966 top 10 hit for what group?

3. I Love You, Yes I Do was a Merseybeats top 40 hit in what year?

4. I Only Have Eyes For You quickly became a standard after being introduced in 1959 by what group?

5. Hard Rock Cafe made the top 30 in 1977 form whom? 

6. Friends from the film of the same name, was a 1971 top 40 hit for whom?

Sorry, I was referring to this quiz.  I will officially say my guess answer will stand with question number #4, The Flamingos, I believe.

AnneNR

P.S. - - - I got REALLY curious about question #1 in Quiz #2 here, so I researched a little.  I was correct,  the Isley Brothers did do "I'm Gonna Knock On Your Door", which is a COMPLETELY different song from what Miss Aretha Franklin did, of which the actual title of that song is "Until You Come Back To Me""; which was written by Stevie Wonder. (The line "I'm gonna knock on your door" is indeed in the song Ms. Franklin did also).

But Stevie Wonder is not the answer for question #1 in this Quiz #2, but I could not have guessed who did, and I'm not saying who did---because I peaked, so to speak---to find out for certain. Someone else will have to guess the singer, and it is not Little Stevie Wonder.

My apologies to Batman for also being a question piggie.   :rolleyes:

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, susie b said:

Suggestion... maybe Craig should impose a time limit on each quiz.

I get frustrated when questions go unanswered for several days.  Either no one else knows the answer, or like me, others refrain from answering multiple questions until other members have had an opportunity to do so.

I answer multiple questions to move us on to the next quiz.

Sorry for being a question piggie.  🤭🐖

Love these quizzes! ♥️

Thank you, Craig!!!  😊

Yes, a time limit will be imposed. I will extend quiz #2 for three more days (since that was what I posted originally). After that, each quiz will be valid for 5 days. Each Round will consist of 21 quizzes. Who will be the winner of Round 1?

Quiz #2:

1. I Just Want To ________ was a top 10 hit for Rare Earth in 1971.

2. In Your ________ was a 1980 top 20 hit by REO Speedwagon.

3. Lumpy ________ was the title of a 1967 album by the Mothers Of Invention.

4. Frankie was the girl , and what was the boy's name in Elvis Presley's 1966 hit?

5. Moon Shadow was a top 40 hit by whom in 1971?

6. Love My Way was an early 80's hit by what UK group?

Deadilne is midnight EST Wednesday.

4 hours ago, Matthew C. Clark said:

Psychedelic Furs in 1982 had the song "Love My Way". Their return comeback album just came out (their first since 1987!!) 

Matthew....please only answer one question. Someone who has not yet answered can steal this answer if you think it's correct. Or you can submit one of your own.

Quiz #4:

1. What group had a #1 hit with Who Can It Be Now?

2. In 1971 Indian Reservation (The Lament of the Cherokee Reservation Indian) was a #1 hit for the Raiders. Who had a top 20 hit with that song first in 1968?

3. What group had a 1966 top 10 hit with It Ain't Me Babe?

4. Otis Redding and Aretha Franklin both had top 40 hits in 1965 and 1967 with what song?

5. Helen Reddy had a 1974 #1 hit with Angie Baby. Alan ______ was the writer of this song , who also had a #1 hit of his own in 1977.

6. Peter Chriss was the drummer for what famous band founded in the early 70's?

Deadilne is 9.00 PM EST Monday 9/7

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Ok....let's try getting this started again. We'll consider the "Pre Forum Shutdown" as a trial run. We mean business this time. 

RULES

If you'd like to participate, pick only ONE question from the group of 6. (first come, first serve) You will receive 1 point for a correct answer. Anyone answering more than one question will be disqualified and will not receive a point for that quiz. If someone has answered a question with an answer that you feel might be incorrect, you may make another (different) guess. Of course, only one participant will score 1 point for that question. The quiz will end when every question has been answered correctly and the next quiz will then be posted. Each quiz will be posted for a max of 10 days before another quiz is posted. I will keep the running score for each player. 

Note, that I am using a music Trivia Game published in 1985. The answers that are on those cards are official. Please do not use the internet to research answers. The honor system will be used.

Are we ready?

Quiz #1:

1. Telestar was a #1 instrumental hit by what group in 1962?

2. Sheila was a 1962 #1 hit for whom?

3. 1969's Sweet Caroline (Good Times Never Seemed So Good) was a #4 hit for whom?

4. Tell Me Something Good was a 1973 #3 hit by what group?

5. Maureen McGovern's The Morning After was heard in what film?

6. How man members are there in the female rock group called Bananarama?