My Eric Carmen Medley

kyletx500

Hi again Eric Carmen community! I recently recorded a three-song medley of Eric's songs that I wanted to share with you all. It is a live recording so there are some mistakes; my nerves sped me through the piano solo and I can't hit the high notes in Boats as effortlessly as Eric does, but I still gave it a decent shot. I hope you enjoy!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Kirk said:

Good job! This website has always attracted talented people- Eric's music has a way of leading them here:)

If you're taking requests, try Starting Over. My favorite Eric song...

Thanks for the kind words Kirk! I love Starting Over as well but to be honest I'm not entirely sure I have the piano chops for that one! I'll have to see if there's some sheet music available for it somewhere online. There's no way I can pick out what Eric's playing on that one by ear!

19 hours ago, Kirk said:

I'll help you out a little- here's Eric's demo for Starting Over- just him and his piano...have fun!

Thanks for the pointer Kirk. I still have a feeling this one will take me a while though! I think I'll probably need to transcribe it to sheet music before I start learning it, which is a whole other process in and of itself. I don't believe anyone has notated the piano part for this and made it public online.

For the medley I was lucky enough to find some brand new original sheet music books for Eric's first two albums on eBay. It didn't have the solo for All By Myself, but I was able to find that online separately. I want to also do "She Did It" but the vocal on that one is brutal so I'm still working on it ;)

2 hours ago, James said:

Bravo man!!!....a very enjoyable 10 minutes listening to that medley. You bring great fire power to the piano...love your piano sound. And it was really cool
seeing you really feel it, especially during "Boats.......".  Thanks for sharing it here.

James

Thanks James! I love all three songs but "Boats" is extra special to me. Also I think I was really stoked I had got through the other two without any major mistakes as "Boats" is the easiest out of the three to play on piano, at least in this arrangement. Of course, it makes up for it by being the hardest vocally! I wish I could sing it as silky smooth as Eric does on the recording!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kyletx500 said:

Thanks for the pointer Kirk. I still have a feeling this one will take me a while though! I think I'll probably need to transcribe it to sheet music before I start learning it, which is a whole other process in and of itself. I don't believe anyone has notated the piano part for this and made it public online.

No songbook for this album, although I have seen sheet music for Overnight Sensation. There are songbooks for the first 3 Raspberries albums as well as songbooks for Eric's first 3 solo albums. Also sheet music for many of the hit singles. Have fun with whatever you decide to do next!

• Like 1