Piano demos

Mark72

Almost Paradise (Piano demo)
Never gonna fall in love again (Piano demo)
Foolin myself (Piano demo)
She remembered (Piano demo)

Hey EC fans
Looking for these piano demos which I think were around at some point on this site. Hopefully someone who has been around for a while has them? Drop me a PM if you can send any my way.

There's something pure about a Piano demo I think. Often a raw demo has that something special that tends to get lost with a subsequent studio re-recording, or tinkering & overdubbing.

Feel free to let me know your favourite piano ballad, can be from Eric or anyone else. Always up for finding some new music or artists.

Cheers!

I wish I had downloaded and saved all these over the years. In fact, there are more... In 2007, Bernie started a Boats Against the Current blog populated by recollections and analysis from Bernie, (the late) Don Krider, and yours truly, and on one of the posts, I mentioned that there were piano demos of "She Did It," "Run Away," and the unreleased "Temporary Hero" posted at EC.com at the time. (It's the last post, called "Building a Better Boats," here: http://ericcarmen.blogspot.com.) In fact, the latter two were actually linked within this blog, but they're now broken links. 

Wouldn't it be nice to have a whole album of unreleased demos? 

• Like 1

Yes! That would be fantastic...There's something about just a voice and a piano that can take a song to a different place. I always thought the best Springsteen tour (that I heard some music from) was the Devil's & Dust tour where he reconfigured a lot of old tracks on the piano.

• Like 1