20 Years of Eric Carmen.com - Day 11

• 1 year later...

Eric thought it was too long to be a single...tried to shorten it a little bit...still not quite there.  One thing that struck me when Eric was asked about songs like "Devil", "Love at Last", "Wild Wild Heart", etc, ever being released- he said something to the effect that if they weren't considered good enough during their day, they probably wouldn't have been included on an album.

18 minutes ago, Kirk said:

Eric thought it was too long to be a single...tried to shorten it a little bit...still not quite there.  One thing that struck me when Eric was asked about songs like "Devil", "Love at Last", "Wild Wild Heart", etc, ever being released- he said something to the effect that if they weren't considered good enough during their day, they probably wouldn't have been included on an album.

I’ve always loved “Between The Devil And The Deep Blue Sea”, from the first time I heard it. It’s hard to believe that the song wouldn’t have been considered good enough in it’s day (even if it’s length might have needed to have been adjusted a little). I’d buy it today in a store or on ITUNES in a minute!!❤️

• Like 1

Agree, many of those unreleased songs are not only album worthy, but are high echelon songs that would likely be the best cut on most
artists´ albums.

If Eric writes a few more new songs, he could put out a pretty great album with these new ones together with those old quality songs that never got onto a disc. I´d include the New Year song from 2013 on this album too.

James

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I know we just had a bump on an older threat where Bernie shared the should-be-classic "Devil and the Deep Blue Sea." Here's another because... you just don't want this song to get too far out of reach. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...