Best instrumental jams?..

James

...you know, like the last part of Stairway To Heaven, Freebird, etc.  I love heavy energized rock & roll so the "jams" are often my favorite parts of songs. 
The Raspberries "I´m a Rocker"  - the live versión from Sunset Strip - would be one of my top choices.

Anyway, I´m in a Foghat kind of mood today, so I´ll pick "Stone Blue", .....the jam starts at the 5:05 mark.  Rod Price´s slide/lead guitar, for me, is pretty wonderful:

• Like 2

Funny - "More Than a Feeling" crossed my mind today on this topic! (my mind was wandering while driving out of town!). Hitch a Ride for sure fits as well!

Frankenstein - perfect! (being October and almost Halloween!) You nailed it!

Also, that is the longest "25 or 6 to 4" I've ever heard! Was it really 1970? Wow. Great song.

I'm embarrassed that I only know "Slow Ride" by Foghat and not enough U2 songs!

One more Boston....

• Like 4

It´s not what most would consider a "jam", but I do, and I think the song that you mention Paper could have the best jam of all time.  I remember first hearing it in high school and being floored by its beauty.  I´ve probably heard Layla too many times now, but when it was fresh, it was probably unbeatable.

James

• Like 3

Now, take a little trip in the WAY BACK machine, and listen to the Moody Blues (one of my faves) with a live performance at the Isle of Wight, "Question" ....  whew! look at how fast they are rapidly strumming the guitars --- can you say "carpal tunnel syndrome" ?!  I don't know how they kept it up for such extended periods. 

AnneNR

• Like 3

• 2 months later...