My Three Sons

Iwannabebymyself

Do you ever get bored and try to think of something to search online for?   For some unknown reason I looked up My Three Sons.  I watched the show but was never star struck by the guys.   Did you know that you can see "Chip & Katie" at a 6 hour event this year and for $400 you can sit at their dinner table with 7 other people!! LOL!!!   You don't get to sit with both for $400...only one or the other!     I learned that it's probably time to limit my internet access!!!  Especially in wee hours of the morning when I have to work the next day.    I have to admit...I did have a good laugh about it when I told friends that I got tickets..they weren't sure if I was kidding or not.

• Like 2

My question is . . . . are they that hard up for funds that they invite strangers one by one to dine with them for such a high price??!  :huh:  I guess the television biz wasn't that good to them.  Do you think Beaver Clever might have the same gig going ^_^ ??   Never mind ---forget I asked--- I wouldn't want you to try and look that up on the internet to check it out . . . . :P

AnneNR

• Like 1

They did mention in the article that they had a similar event for the Starsky & Hutch guys.   I guess we wouldn't think it was so odd if it was someone that we really wanted to see!!!!   AnneNR...it's in Anaheim (don't know what part of CA you are in) and there are 8 tickets left at Chip's table.  So..... you may want to think about going.:lol:   I didn't look up Beaver Clever...I was too busy watching parrot videos!

• Like 2

I guess we wouldn't think it was so odd if it was someone that we really wanted to see!!!!   AnneNR...it's in Anaheim (don't know what part of CA you are in) and there are 8 tickets left at Chip's table.  So..... you may want to think about going.:lol: 

Perhaps I should use your "handle", as I wanna be by myself than pay several hundred dollars to join ANY celeb, politician, etc. for a dining experience.  I guess I'm kinda pragmatic like that --- I would rather spend the money on something else, a stage play like something from Cirque du Soleil, the Blue Man Group, Phantom of the Opera (which I actually did see with hubby on our honeymoon in Las Vegas for $100.00 per person) but not for anything over 100 bucks.  That just leaves more opportunities for the rest of you to pay 400 to sit at the table with someone of note, and Anaheim is not too many hours away from the San Francisco bay area that I'm in --- takes about 6 hours of drive time if you can avoid traffic hours up here and down in L.A. ( good luck with that --- doesn't always turn out alright even with planning :unsure: ).

Now, Parrot videos on the other hand ---- that's entertainment !! :P

• Like 2

I loved "My 3 Sons".  I currently don´t own a tv, but if I did, and I surfed through the mostly crap  that is available on tv these days, and I juxtaposed this crap against wonderful stuff like My 3 Sons from back in the day,  I would experience a strong sense of distress to the feelings.  They may call that "poignancy".

Anyway, back to my true self (dog mode):  Katie or Paula (Chip´s chick) ??????  :-)

• Like 3

I plan on asking them which parrot video's they've seen on you tube!!:D    I hope everyone knows that I'm only joking about going but the event does really exist.       I would somewhat understand the whole thing if it was a fundraiser for a good cause but I don't think it was.

AnneNR...I've been to SF a few times as well as Monterey and SD.    I love it out there.   The coast is beautiful!!   You're lucky to live in the area.

• Like 1

IWBBM --- yes, California is nice . . . . if you can afford it.

California is my home state, born in San Fran and raised in the bay area, but it has gotten to the point of way out of hand morally, politically and financially in my opinion.  Rents and housing costs are going up again.  There are a lot of people with poor judgment shaping this state --- and not for the better.  I personally hope to move elsewhere as soon as it can be managed.

Case in point --- the "undocumented immigrant" as the news now reports (the new politically correct phrase, I assume), otherwise what common folk call an illegal alien --- shot a young woman in San Francisco without cause, killing her.   The "undocumented alien" has been deported at least 5 times, has been picked up in Texas before too.  However, this last time that he was picked up in San Francisco, I.C.E. (immigration authorities previously known as I.N.S.) issued a notice to San Francisco to alert them when the illegal alien was to be released so they could pick him up, but OH NO!!!!   San Francisco is now a "sanctuary" city, and they let the guy go.  He was someone who has been involved in drug related incidents, among other things, but they let this miscreant loose anyway  :angry:  who shortly thereafter shot the woman.  How does someone like this guy fail to get booted out once he was proven to be here without proper channeling and indulging in criminal activities??!  He won't get the death penalty here in my state --- a state just chock full of nuts, fruits and flakes!   Nope, he will probably get free room and board on the tax-payer's back in the prison system.  (Ooops!!  :blink:  I just stepped into --- the CARTOON WORLD ZONE --- sorry.)

Beautiful as California is, it's heart is corrupted with no common sense any more.  Perhaps there are pockets of smaller communities here that are in better shape, but state financial management is so outta wack, even those communities might be in a bad way too.   Come to visit --- but I cannot recommend coming to live here, I'm looking to escape. :blush2:

AnneNR

What L.A. does, the rest of California does; what California does, the rest of the nation does.

"Oh, the sun beats down
On the L.A. scene
But you can't feel the cold
When the grass looks so green
And the games that I've played
Were not worth what I paid
In a town full of desperate fools"- Eric Carmen

• Like 1