Bay city Rollers with Ann Margret

pretender

If I remember my Rollermania days...this was a tv special...

although it looks like SSSSSSaturday Night at the old folks home, albeit some pretty hip elders!!!

Poor Ann Margret's voice doesn't quite mesh with Les.

I think she is singing live, & of course his performance is a lip sync.

Still, she is a good sport!

Nice find, Pretender!!!

Roll on.

:)

• Like 2

This clip WAS a tv variety special featuring Ann Margret and her husband, Roger Smith.

You may remember him as one of the leads from 77 Sunset Strip.

The full length version of Pretender's clip begins at the 13:26 mark where Miss Margret banters with the boys and makes an impression on Alan.

Enjoy Miss Margret with the classic Roller lineup of Eric, Les, Alan, Woody & Derek.

• Like 2

Mystery solved...

Found these You Tube comments attached to another version of the clip.

One of the audience members was a You Tuber's grandmother!!!!!

photo.jpg?sz=50
It had to be filmed in England, she lived in Borehamwood in Hertfordshire and there were a lot of studios in nearby Elstree. It must have been filmed in 1976, the year of the Montreal Olympics and I had been watching them and fell asleep to see the Bay City Rollers and when the camera panned round to show the audience was quite amused, but when I saw her in the audience I just couldn't believe it. I suspect she went with the OAP Club she belonged to. She was a real character!! Hope this helps

Report spam or abuse

photo.jpg?sz=50
Things were rocking at the Senior Center on Saturday night!

Report spam or abuse

photo.jpg?sz=50
One of the truly special treasures of You Tube.And if the information below by Doug is correct,and I'm sure it is,all this took place about a mile and a half from my 7 year old home.Its not just hysterical but,to me at least,incredibly poignant.Things like this,happy accidents,don't happen to famous pop groups anymore.No money in it.

Report spam or abuse

photo.jpg?sz=50
I can't believe it, but the lady in the green beany hat and the salmon pink blouse is my Granny! She always was a character and I did see the original broadcast but never thought I'd see it again. Thanks You Tube for bringing her back if only for a few seconds!!

Report spam or abuse

1.jpg?sz=50
Report spam or abuse

photo.jpg?sz=50
Glad you found this clip. What country was this filmed in? How did your granny get to be in the audience? I'd love any background info you can provide on this clip if you don't mind.

Report spam or abuse

photo.jpg?sz=50
Thanks for the info Doug. It may have been filmed in late 1975 because the Bay City Rollers lineup changed in 76 so it's possible it didn't air til the Olympics. Anyway, very entertaining clip and your granny stole the show.

• Like 2

THIS IS SO COOOOLL!!!  They really got the retirement crowd roused.  And I especially liked the bit where the one senior lady was knitting in time with the music!!   HA!  Such a treat, thanks for sharing.  I hope I continue to rock on like they appeared to do.  :D

AnneNR

• Like 1