Kanye-The Greatest Living Rockstar On The Planet

pretender

Wow!!  I knew it would happen eventually --- Kanye West drools publicly over Beyonce so much that someone believes she is actually married to Mr. West  ( if I were Ms. Kardashian, I would be pissed that my hubby drones on and on about another woman, and I personally think it is more ;) than musical admiration ).  Batman was convinced ! ^_^

Thanks for posting the Tom Chaplin and Queen videos, the collaboration works very well.  :D

AnneNR

• Like 3

What a Bat-Dope I am!!!  Kanye West isn't married to Beyonce'...he's married to Kim " Ass-tronomical " Kardashian!!  I apologize for my stupidity. I am not really into this genre of music, and confusion among the various players is not difficult for me. Dave, I have to agree with you..I don't really find Kim to be attractive, and she has absolutely NO talent, in my opinion. ( On reflection, I can now see why Kanye always has that scowl on his face...going home to Kim every night must be a drag!!!).

• Like 5

Wow, Prentender ....

Isn't that just the epitome of immaturity !!??  :wacko:

Why couldn't Mr. West just have gone and done the show to the best of HIS abilities instead of playing games with the management --- the fans buy the albums, don't they? --- not the management.  To be a success is better revenge than making a fool out of yourself by trying to do something and then sucking at it.

Although I don't think he's so hot, his fans might have appreciated more of what he does best instead of maligning a good Queen song.  It appeared to me that the fans are not discriminate enough in their tastes to recognize Mr. West sucked, no, they just went right along with it.  Probably were familiar enough with the lyrics that they were just cheering for the sake of the words, not the performance.

Had I been in the audience I would probably have been politely quiet while watching his inept attempt and wonder why he bothered with it.  I am not afraid to withhold applause if the selection is subpar for the particular entertainer.  And I have walked out a time or two when something seemed subpar or inappropriate ( and that includes church services ).  Are fans afraid to critique with honesty and constructiveness the entertainers they buy material from?  Even those of us here who like The Beach Boys have said there were some songs that raised an objectionable aroma after hearing it.  Why don't they do this with Mr. West?  Are they all lemmings?  Do they enjoy his "bad boy" persona so much it doesn't matter what the performance ends up being?   This is perplexing to me. :unsure:

AnneNR

P.S.  --- Batman,  both Mr. West and K. Kardashian are so hyper into image that perhaps when the make-up and posing drop behind closed doors at home, they both fall short of each other's expectations.  I can't believe someone is actually paying Ms. Kardashian to chat about being famous in some club out this way.  What a crock of bull pucky.

• Like 4

There is a lot of very popular music that I don't personally care for,but I can usually at least understand what possible attraction there is to a certain audience.But how this talentless self-important jacka$$ can appeal to anyone is totally beyond my comprehension. 

• Like 5

Don't hold back Pretender, tell us how you really feel!!!!  HaHaHa!!!

Also Anne, listening to these airheads speak, I wonder what level of dysfunction they are categorized at. An intelligent, logical thought has probably never existed in their brains.

• Like 4

Well, I'm coming in a bit late to this, but I want to second (or third...) the fact that the video of Tom speaking about his opportunity to sing with Queen and "be Freddy Mercury" - whole heartedly, with respect, and with talent- just proves to myself and I think everyone here, that although nobody is perfect, Tom has gained a level of maturity that I can only hope and pray that Kanye will somehow gain! Love Keane for their talent and how it makes me feel, and respect them even more after listening to Tom's speech on that video. Pretty certain it wasn't an act! 

Terri

( sorry if I gush on about Keane too much, but this comparison between him and Kanye just speaks to so much about what is right and wrong with the world! )

• Like 3

Time 100 criteria (paraphrased): How men and women are changing the world — and mostly for the better. It's not about influence of power, but the power of influence.

How Kanye falls into that category is beyond me.

http://content.time.com/time/video/player/0,32068,81960884001_1985769,00.html

I'm convinced that Kanye's outrageous hijinks (and the scowling) are total public persona. Nobody is lukewarm on him; he's either beloved or reviled. To illustrate, I couldn't tell you anything from what is allegedly his extensive catalog, but I know Kanye. 

Whether it's good or bad, we're paying attention. 

Cheryl

• Like 5

Ah, yes, Paperdoll82 (our dear Cheryl) can be relied upon to give us some insight into the "media" end of things.

Well, Cheryl,  I can't name anything that Mr. West has in his catalog either, and I also DON'T like that I know of him <_<. . . .  ditto for any Kardashian (and they don't have catalogs, do they ?? :huh: ).  Even those of us who don't follow celebs and gossip a whole lot still end up hearing about those who we wonder what all the fuss is about.  I wish someone could invent how to "unhear" or "unsee" stuff ---- wouldn't that be something in great demand??!! :lol:

AnneNR

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

I wonder what Kanye will say at this year's Grammy Awards. He called Taylor Swift The 'B' word. on his new album....That he made the ' 'B' famous.

Come on now, Kanye. Your wife, mom, aunt and whoever else wouldn't agree with your choice of words. Your wife would have slapoed you, if you saod that to her. I bet they didn't know, until your album was in print.

• Like 2

He says he had an hour conversation about it, with Taylor.He said she thought it was funny. In HipHop, he said it is used as an endearing term.  [I guess like buddy, or friend] .And that his wife gave her blessing.

Depending on the culture your in, has a double meaning. 

Yes Mike, I heard about this new controversy.  Don't recall the commentator I heard on tv, but the person said Kanye used the "B" word re Taylor in an affectionate way - same as the "N" word is used "affectionately" in Hip Hop culture.  I'm thinking since TS isn't part of HH culture, she most certainly isn't feeling the love.  

Kanye is on SNL tonight...

I'm not officially a music critic.  I listen to what appeals to me, and that includes a wide variety such as The Weekend, Beyonce' and Drake.  After watching Kanye's performances on SNL last night, he isn't on my short list.  I am definitely not feeling his music, though admittedly, someone is...

• 3 weeks later...