Kanye-The Greatest Living Rockstar On The Planet

pretender

The thing about Kanye, my dislike of his "music" aside, is that, for all his fame, fortune, beautiful wife and child, loyal followers, power, influence, etc....the guy NEVER smiles. He always has a scowl on his face like he is mad at the world. I simply don't get it. Can somebody explain it to me???

• Like 7

The video was already removed but I did find a clip on youtube of him attempting Bohemian Rhapsody.

It was just wrong... Wrong wrong wrong.

I do believe he is in a totally different world than the rest of us!

I also saw the clip of him almost smiling- was it at a basketball game?

I guess it doesn't matter where he was, but you really could sure tell he caught sight of that camera!

terri

• Like 6

Must be a player / poser face . . . trying to project an image of importance from a visage of intimidation, hence the scowl (???)

I agree with your estimation, Batman . . . Mr. West must have a particular image in his head he wants to portray to the public ---- but no amount of "posing" can rid him of the fact he is not what I would call a "singer" ----  Pppfffftt!!!  "Bohemian Rhapsody" attempt . . . . really??!  How asinine and weak of him.  Freddie Mercury must be groaning and shaking his head in dismay.  :P

AnneNR

• Like 4

Sidebar --- Hey, Raspbernie,

Regarding your initial post --- are "Spam" and "T-Bone" a couple of rappers on two different levels of successful ??  Those names sound like something some rapper would call himself (?). :huh:  I have heard of some dude called "T-Bone" but I am not certain where I heard it, nor am I certain what "type" of animal he might be. . .

AnneNR

• Like 3

Funny thing about Spam and T- Bone....I love one and hate the other!!!!  Nothing better for keeping up my Bat-physique than a thick, juicy T-Bone steak!!  But Spam??? No way! That isn't really food. I don't know what they stuff into those little cans, but I won't put it in my system!!!

• Like 4

Just one more in a long list of World War II and post World War II substitutes for real food --- like all margarine.... plastic to your system;  monosodium glutamate aka m.s.g. ("Accent" for those of us who remember) instead of salt that can give some real whoppers of migraine headaches;  cool whip is a chemically saturated concoction substitute for real whipped cream causing all kinds of allergen responses, just to name a few.  Oddly enough, Spam is a favorite in Hawaii, has been since they first got a hold of some!

It is most pork and by-products they probably don't want to plainly say on the label.  But I'm with ya on this one, Batman,  I don't like "spam" in my inbox or mailbox, and I don't like "spam" in my body either !!!   YUK!   :wacko:

AnneNR

P.S. --- And now,  back to our regularly scheduled critique ..... carry on, continue about the Kanye thing ..... ^_^

• Like 4

Oh, good ole canned Spam.... The Hormel company is pretty much in my (not too distant) backyard! 

I really never hear too much about Spam -I may have tried it once at a friend's while growing up-otherwise my family never had it and I've never bought it! 

I did drag my husband to the company festival (picnic?) - whatever it was- because they had The Daisy Dillman band (Lovin the Night Away - their one hit around 1979) and Michael Johnson ( Bluer than Blue) playing and it was open to the public.

Just listen - video is nothing to speak of- anyone remember them? One of my favorite "non-radio" songs - thanks to a class-mate who played the album for the first 15 minutes of high school Humanities class- by Daisy Dillman is Learn 

Now I have really digressed ... Back to Kanye!

• Like 4

Pretender ----  regarding Kanye Vs. Freddie,  genius!  You would think with all the money Mr. West has at his disposal he could find better fitting clothing to perform in public ---something with the correct size and enough material to cover his ASSets--- wouldn't you? 

And as far as singing (and I DO MEAN "SINGING", not the RAP CRAP Mr. West was spewing)  "Bohemian Rhapsody" is concerned, no contest --- not anywhere even in the same planetary realm of comparison!!  Mr. West, plainly and simply SUCKED EGGS !!!  What was he thinking??!!!  ....

And I listened to Keane's little bit of "Bohemian Rhapsody" that he preformed .... much better wardrobe, WAY much better cover, he did it similar to the style of Freddie Mercury's performance without trying to impersonate him while injecting his own vocal personality into it.  Mr. Mercury would much more appreciate it than Mr. West's unemotional rap crap tripe of an attempt to do the song, I'm certain.

ter2 ---- regarding Spam, you're not missing a thing --- so don't be tempted to try it.  I wished I never had, but now I know better.  Daisy Dillman Band's "Loving The Night Away" sounds like something Michael Johnson could have sung, the vocal tones and inflections and voices sound similar to each other.  Maybe that's why they were booked together for the show, similar styles ....

Kirk ---- Spam song by Monty Python .... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:  !!!!!!!!  Love it !!! -- LOVE IT !!!

AnneNR

• Like 7

:huh:  Hey, Pretender ---- "Kanye-The Greatest Living Rockstar On The Planet" ---- was this you in sarcasm mode, or taken from some article you read???   And if it is the latter, which planet were they speaking of ??.... as it certainly isn't EARTH.... :wacko:

AnneNR

• Like 5

Love the Monte Python Spam video - hilarious!!

Anne, I asked my hubby if he had Spam growing up - he remembers having it a few times- I think it's pretty safe to say that we will stay away from it! No childhood cravings!

I remember hearing Tom Chaplin would be performing songs with Queen - if I remember correctly it went over pretty well. I enjoyed it!

terri

• Like 5

Beyonce is a very beautiful woman,and Kanye obviously wishes she was married to him instead of Jay-Z.Kanye is married to fellow attention-whore Kim Kardashian.

Kanye declared himself "the greatest living rockstar on the planet",apparently as a response to the petition(signed by 130,000) to replace him at Glastonbury with a rock band.

I love the Keane/Queen mash-up.Tom did indeed perform with Queen at a benefit in 2011.

Finally,I have to give credit to Brad Elvis(IMHO the greatest living drummer on the planet-currently with the Romantics) for posting the Kanye vs. Freddie video on Facebook.

• Like 4