Author Cynthia Powell Lennon, First Wife Of John Lennon

MikeC

Passed on, recently. Wishing her family time together, with good memories.

She was friend and wife of John. Mum or Mom of Julien.

She lived an abundant life.

Sometimes she was photographed with The Beatles.

-With John's permission, although she didn''t want the spotlight.

She swung with it, anyway, and realized she was part of the whole party.

She was married several times.

Her son Julien likes photography and music.

• Like 8

It was very sad to hear of her passing, my hubby noticed it on the internet within the last two days or so and told me about it.  Julian must be quite distraught, he has always been very close to his mother, and a staunch supporter of her all of her life.

My prayers and condolences to Julian and the immediate family mourning her passing.  I am a great fan of Julian Lennon.   I wish him peace and comfort in his time of sorrow.

AnneNR

• Like 4

I can recall reading about how badly Cynthia and her son Julian were treated by Yoko Ono after John's murder. More specifically, I can remember reading about Yoko's efforts to completely deny Julian any claim to John's estate. Anyone here care to embellish??

• Like 2

Holy Auctioned Inheritance, Batman!!

You are correct, Julian Lennon was treated with no regard for the fact that he was a son also, and lost the father he did his best (as well as his mum, Cynthia did her best)  to keep in touch with, up until the time of John's death, no thanks to Yoko Ono.  I believe she felt threatened in some way by the family John left behind to be with her.  Julian has stated many times that he has had to buy back items of personal importance as simple as correspondence sent by him to his father when they were being auctioned off.

With all the money Yoko Ono ended up with for years to come from John Lennon's estate, you would think she would be kind enough to allow Julian to pick out special items, like the one guitar he had wanted of John's, without having to purchase them with some of what he did get from the court settlements.   I don't believe what Julian would have wanted from John's belongings would have been that much of a sacrifice for Yoko Ono to give up out of respect for Julian Lennon having lost his father.

In later years, I believe I read something to the effect that half brother Sean Lennon came to the realization that Julian was not treated kindly or respectfully by his mum, Yoko.  Sean intimated it directly to Julian at some point when they were both at some event.

I have just viewed a few items on the internet that says Yoko Ono (a more charitable woman now) has given tribute to Cynthia Powell.   And of course Julian has put forth one of his own ---

AnneNR

• Like 3

I knew there would be people here with more insight, who could educate us on this sad topic. Thanks so much. I still can't get over seeing the outtakes of "Let It Be" where Yoko is giving creative advice to Paul and John. Gimme a break...these guys WERE the Beatles, and Yoko is giving them creative advice???? No wonder they broke up.

• Like 2