Grammys, run-down please..

James

...I don´t watch the awards shows.  But waking up this morning I saw some clips re: Kanye & stuff.  It seems the Grammys (like other areas of our society, see police riots) are being overrun by the thug element of our society.  Troubling.  But again I didn´t see the whole thing..

..can you guys give me a rundown on what happened?...and your opinions?

Thanks.

Ha - I just had a little rant about this on another thread.  Beck won for Best Album of the Year - Kanye started to jump on stage after Beck went up to get it. Fortunately, he stopped himself.  However, in true fashion, he let his opinion be known at an after-party, stating that it should have been Beyonce.  According to Kanye:

But during E!'s post-Grammy show, West explained that his halfway Beck interception was a protest in itself, as The Fader reports.  "If they want real artists to keep coming back, they need to stop playing with us," the rapper said. "Flawless Beyoncé video, and Beck needs to respect artistry, and he should have given his award to Beyoncé."

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/beck-responds-to-kanye-grammy-diss-i-thought-beyonce-was-going-to-win-20150209#ixzz3RHOxug9a 
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

Frankly, I only have one Beyonce/JayZ song that I have purchased on my playlist.  They just have never been "my thing".

Beck was gracious and thoroughly surprised that he had won.

I did also read that Beyonce and JayZ were at first shocked and then smiling, apparently thinking Kanye was making a joke.......

Terri

• Like 2

I think the most disturbing part was that everyone, including myself,  thought he was joking, but then to find out afterwards, he was seriously close to snatching the award away from Beck is insane. Remember, this is the same idiot who cut off a very young Taylor Swift to try and take her award for Beyonce at an MTV awards show in 2009.

Now, we all have different musical tastes, so I am not interested in debating what is good and what is not here, but how is this guy allowed to go up and "take" anyone's award away with no repercussions? If a fan came out of the seating area and grabbed an award, they would be tackled onstage by security and thrown in jail.......and rightfully so! I personally would not have voted for Beck, but that means nothing, he won, so give him the respect for winning and let him have his two minutes to accept and be on his way.

One day, Mr. West is going to try and take an award away from someone and that person is going to turn around and cold cock him on live tv and that might finally end his badass charade once and for all. What if Tom Petty or Jeff Lynne, or Eric Carmen or anyone went onstage and yanked his autotuned microphone out of his hands and said "will Paul McCartney please take the stage and perform because this is for singers, not mechanical robotic sounds?" Can you imagine the outrage?

Many people are ripping on Paul today for performing with West and singer Rihanna last night. I felt West added nothing to the trio, but that Rihanna did a pretty good job singing. Why they did not let Paul have a few lines in the song is beyond me, but he has often tried different styles on side projects, so I think people are taking it all too seriously.

Incredible to me, however, that in a four plus hour show, they made the decision to not air Dhani Harrison accepting a lifetime achievement award on behalf of his father, George, a true musician. That was just criminal...........

• Like 8

I said this on the other thread, too - Kanye is welcome to his opinion - and ranting at an afterparty about who should have won is fine - just don't disrespect the person who did win the award  - at their shining moment!!! Interesting thought, blackhawkpat, about what would happen if security went after him.....maybe he should be warned so that there is no next time!

I remember that MTV awards when he jumped on stage when Taylor Swift won - I was mortified, my kids were mortified - I just don't get why he didn't learn from that....

Actually, maybe he did learn - he learned how to make a "halfway interception".

• Like 1

Great post Pat, one of the best I¨ve ever read here.

My question is this:  after his assault on Taylor Swift, why was this guy ever allowed to attend the Grammys in future years?....

...he´s a thug, a racist, a bad guy.  If I¨d been there, in the audience at the Taylor Swift episode, I would have gone up there and jacked him.  He may have got the best of me, but he would at least have had consequences.

And I´m not a fighter, don´t like fighting.... it´s time we started punching back.

P.S. If Paul McCartney played with Kanye, I´m disappointed in Paul McCartney. Very disappointed.

James

• Like 3

Ummm, hmmmm....KISS frontman Paul Stanley just told Ultimate Classic Rock magazine that "Beck should have kicked him in the nuts and said, "get the f*** off MY stage"......Glad to see others are thinking this way for future awards shows. I'm tellin' ya, he is gonna do it to the wrong person soon enough......

• Like 6

A very rude, uncouth guy.  Anyone bounding up on stage to interrupt like he did needs their ears boxed.

Just out of curiosity ---- WHY is this Kanye dude soooo intent on Beyonce??  Sounds like he wished he was married to her instead of Ms. Kim . . . . someone should tell Kim Kardashian that until her husband can admit he's got a problem, he can't work on recovery.   Are there any Beyonce-aholic recovery groups out there?! :ph34r:

I wonder if Mr. West replaces Kim in his mind with Beyonce ...... he's sounding a little obsessive!!!  ::yikes::

AnneNR

• Like 1

You know it's bad when Kim Kardashian is the classy one in your power-couple pairing. I, too, James, have been a bit disappointed in Sir Paul for recording with Kanye. I still love him, but ...

As for why they let him in, I pondered it myself until someone reminded me of the cold, hard truth. RATINGS. People watch when that horse's patoot shows up because they know he's prone to stunts.

Cheryl

• Like 2

Maybe something in Kanye West reminds Mr. McCartney of his late friend Mr. John Lennon ??  :huh:   Mr. Lennon had a habit of saying and doing things that got many in a tizzy. :eye:  

Although Kanye has not even got a tenth of the talent that John Lennon had, so Mr. West is just an A$$, to quote Mr. Obama who was asked what he thought about Kanye's behavior --- probably one of the most honest things B.O. has ever said, not to mention IRONIC.  (Takes an - - - to know an - - -?? ya think ?)

AnneNR

Kanye should be blamed for the loss, if he cares so much.

I'd have your back James. He would not have a chance.

After one swing, I wouldn't swing, and he'd be down.

I won a karaoke contest, after the superbowl It was a private party.

I have had professional vocal training, too.

I could have won against Kanye.

• Like 1