The Book of James & The First Ten Years of EC.com

susie b

So I was chatting with a senior member of EC.com tonight and tossed this idea to him....

What if Bernie published the forums in, The First Ten Years of EricCarmen.com?

Lots of good material here....

Oh of course, there would have to be a companion volume entitled, The Book of James.

Buyers must be 18 years of age or older to purchase or have their parents' permission.

:)

• Like 6

Yes, Kirk! My marriage proposal to both you and Craig Benfer "sight unseen" because of your lovely posts would HAVE to be in it! So many of the posts would be absolutely HEARTWARMING--remember "Sugar"? And her Soda Shoppe. And the colorful characters who have come and gone--BeatleJay and Lisa--miss them! And the not-so-fun people like "Beatlebum." He's a dark character who perhaps "should not be named" a la Harry Potter. Some of the historic debates that became knock-down-drag-out fights between some dearest friends, who are still friends, would be interesting reading. And, yes, James would just about have to have a whole book to himself.

I'd love to review some of the posts/threads Bernie had to hastily delete! ;)  And see repeats of the people Bernie had to throw off the Board. ;)

There would be nothing as fabulous as the days leading up to the first Raspberries Reunion concert! And the posts made during that ecstasy-inducing magic tour!  It would really be something to be able to go back and read some of the late late night/early morning conversations in the "Chat Room" from so long ago, some with Jim and some with Eric.

All I remember is Tony Cartmill calling me Lemonade Girl. :) Ah, those were the days! I'm just glad we were there, Mar, aren't you?

As Billy Joel once sang, "I've Loved These Days..." :heartpump:

:)--Dar

• Like 6

Yes I am certain most of the members here would enjoy those old posts. Over the last year and a half I've gone back and read quite a bit here. Luckily I've become acquainted with older (or shall I say members with more time onboard) here and on FB. It is indeed unfortunate everything changes over time - the way of the world. I'm happy and fortunate to have followed E.'s career and music since his pre-R's days. It's been quite interesting and so much fun!! ((-:

All I remember is Tony Cartmill calling me Lemonade Girl. :) Ah, those were the days! I'm just glad we were there, Mar, aren't you?

As Billy Joel once sang, "I've Loved These Days..." :heartpump:

:)--Dar

Absolutely the BEST, Dar....um, I mean, Lemonade Girl/ Aunt Antonietta.  :heartpump:  :haha:

• Like 2

I remember lurking here for some weeks back in 2004 before I joined up.  I actually remember my first post....July, 2004 I think...in response to Tony Cartmill´s post about Bill Cosby´s activist stuff (we both supported Bill).  I think my 2nd post was regarding Eric Carmen music, and I remember Marvin responding to me.

That was 10 years ago...overall it was a great experience here.  I learned how to have fun with words (I´m sure at the expense of irritating some others here :-) ).....I learned a lot about framing an argument in words, I learned a lot from other members, etc.  I got to interact with my favorite music artist (Eric Carmen).  Our discussions on God were quite challenging and made me a better person in the end.

Most of all there were some tremendous characters here.  Friends.  The community took care of itself.  If someone was dirty, the community dealt with that person as a community. Of course mistakes were made, but overall the community self-managed and thus the community kept its character intact.  We didn´t need censuring, we took care of things ourselves.

Possibly it´s too much to expect that the level of qaulity we had for so many years would continue.  We probably were spoiled.  Especially when you judge this community against facebook, other messageboards etc.  They´re dirt compared to what we had here back in the day.  The quality of discourse here was unmatched.... anywhere probably, ...maybe the stars were aligned right and it´s not something to be expected long term. 

I´m not sure.

• Like 3

But I will remember mostly the good times.  Quality people like John (Angelina)...nobody smarter, what a great human being he is, Darlene (The Darlene-lama, nuff said), Tony Cartmill...if anybody is EC.Com, it´s him....he had it all, funny, smart, integrity.  Lew....funniest guy on earth, his Sweet episode is as funny a thing as I´ve ever witnessed, on tv, movies, real life, etc....pure brilliance Lew, Tommy Tunes .....though his harem (Tunesettes) was minor league compared to The James Harem,  he was a great character, great guy on here. 

HighwayAngel (Brian McCarthy)....what a great soul there, PaulMaul. LC, Elle, Duane, Bessieboo.....I´m sure she´s keeping them all straight in SE Florida, Shelly....I´m sure she´s still being ornery in SW Fla !... :-)

Wendy World......strong, smart, good hearted, very creative...she was a gift to us here...she needs to have more power in this world, the world would be a better place if that were the case.

Hollies65....he was rightly criticized (by me and others) for being too rough at times, but I consider him a brother/friend...he kept Cartoon World hopping, and nobody knew more about music than him.  Marvin knew his stuff on music too.  Ira....best mc on the internet!!  Kathi, Sugarbabi......both so creative, special. 

Muzz, Kiwi....there aren´t better people on earth than them......when you start to get cynical about marriage, just think of those 2....their love for each other inspires me.  Kirk, ...a beautiful soul,...smart as heck, most knowledgable guy on Eric Carmen music on this site.  We are lucky as heck he still posts.

Sharen ....she didn´t post a lot, but she is a special person, a friend. 

Aventurine,....always agitating for good stuff, creative, smart....what a great member she was here. Andiemae,...she and I fought some (people probably thought we were married !.. :-)   , but mostly we had great times goofing off together....she was so creative, she was a special member here too.  ReidC...I´d go to war with him.

And so many more.  This was just off the top of my head, ...I know I missed a ton of people (I apologize).

Thanks Bernie.  Things are down now, but I sense there will be a renaissance here someday.  It´s just a feeling.  You do a great job and the fact the site has been so good over the years is a reflection on your character.

It´s also a reflection on the quality of music put out by Eric Carmen.

Viva EC.Com !...

:-)

James

• Like 3

It would be wonderful to see everyone you mentioned posting again, James, and I couldn't help but remember a few more people I really, REALLY miss...(I know I'm forgetting names, too) aggiesJC(Jennifer), AnnieKNY, AnneG, Gene, HungryEyes(gina), NH Bushman, Gord, Julie, LostControl, JuliaAllByMyself, mannoman(Ted), susana, wimvriezen...so,so many...sigh....maybe we could do a mind meld thing and bring them all back.  :ph34r:

It would be so cool for them to meet some of you who are newer to the site, too !!!  Together we'd have a blast !!  :hypno:  :)  :hypno: <-pompoms

• Like 7

Paulimississippi, Fresh (another brother), Raspathens and his rational brilliant lawyer mind meshed with his good heart...

...and how could I forget my  fraternity brothers (and sisters) !!??? 

(Remember, I am the last fraternity brother in line .... from a long line of historical greats):

Cato The Younger

Jesus of Nazareth

Joan of Arc

Ghandi

Mother Teresa of Calcutta

James of EC.Com

:-)

• Like 2