GREAT Record Sequels!

ira

The 50's and 60's and 70's may have been great eras for music...BUT money is money...and sequel records are pretty much motivated by profit...BUT to paraphrase a GREATSeinfeld episode..."Not that there's anything wrong with that"... ;) ...

STILL..some sequel 45s were downright insulting...(Carole King has said that Don Kirshner would tell them..."O.K. ..Now right "Take Good Care of My Baby Sideways".. :o )

STILL there were some damn good sequels...

Eric..please don't shoot me...BUT.."I Wanna Be With You" has a striking similarity to "Go All The Way"..and...good for you...it's a GREAT record!!

My favorite GREAT sequel is Dion following "The Wanderer" with "Lovers Who Wander"..

What's your favorite GREAT sequel record..

(BTW..was there  a record called "I'm Henry The IX I am" ?.. :P )

• Like 4

Great idea, Cayennegirl!!!!!   Everybody get up and TWIST!!!

Hey, Cayennegirl --- about one minute into the twist there's this cute blonde in a "playboy bunny" type outfit with a green feather plumed tail doing the twist --- WAS THAT YOU IN THERE??  HOT STUFF!!!

AnneNR

• Like 2

What about "Go All The Way" and "You Took Me All The Way"?

I *almost* said something about that. I can hear Eric groaning from here, but I really *like* "You Took Me All the Way." (Didn't he call it "a freaking embarrassment" in "Marathon Man"?)

My heart and head want to be loyal to his feelings about it. But then I hear it ... and my foot starts tapping ... and I start singing along ... and ... well, it lifts my spirits every time. I like it! I really, really do.

Cheryl

• Like 1

Cayenne...Ya know I was talkin' about the structure of the song bein' "Sherry" sideways..not a critique of women...Jeez..This big boy..(sorta)..all of a sudden  feels a tear comin' on.. :wacko:

Ya know I love women and am the ONLY man in the whole world who understands them COMPLETELY.. B) !

• Like 1

OMG...Cayenne...Truly a radical viewpoint!! :o

Well...After my initial shock with your rebellious post...I gotta share a secret...

SHHH!!..I am not absolutely convinced that the world was created in 7 days or that the waters of the Red Sea were split...SOOO I guess that not being totally sold on Frankie is something I can learn to accept.. B)

• Like 1

I wanted to offer "The King of Sequels" whose records...IMHO...somehow were slightly different enough to succeed for awhile...

The first hit for Mr. Puckett begat his second hit..which most agree was "Woman Woman" when she was merely a "Young Girl"...

• Like 2

• 1 month later...