INTERVIEW-PART 3

Lew Bundles

LEW-  Your 1st solo smash lp is well represented on ":Essential":...Let's start with the  the big single-ALL BY MYSELF

ERIC- Well, Lewie-This stems from the popular misconception that the time I appeared at WAB for my birthday celebration was the only WAB that I ever attended...It was actually the second time for me...For all you newbies out there, Bernie would hold a party at his house every year and it was open to all EC,com members...WAB(Weekend at Bernie's)

You see, I hate to burst anybody's bubble, but Bernie wasnt always the marketing genius that he is now...
Back in 2002, Bernie held his first WAB, but it was called "Weekend at Raspbernies"-WAR for short...Well, as you know, the country had just suffered through 9-11 the previous year, so going around and advertising "Come To WAR" and "Come join us for our first annual celebration of WAR"- it may not have been the right way to promote...

Raspbernie had been such a great inspiration to the Raspberries reincarnation, I decided to show up at his house for "WAR"...

When, I walked in, there wasnt another soul there...Bernie was literally alone...I thought that perhaps(paradventure) everyone was hiding, but he just sobbed..."I'm all alone, I'm ALL BY MYSELF"...Bingo, ring the cash register..

LEW: I always thought that Bernie was a bit overrated...Glad you agree ERIC!!  How about

NEVER GONNA FALL IN LOVE AGAIN 

Give us the dirt on this one...

ERIC_ Sure, Lewis J. Bundles...

This song was written when I first moved to Los Angeles...I was so glad to leave the cold weather behind...The original title was "Never Gonna Wear Gloves Again...This is how the chorus originally went...

"Never Gonna Wear Gloves Again
Never Gonna Wear Leggins too
Cause I moved to ol' L.A.
Where its always 82..

No I'm never gonna shovel "snow"
Unless I roll up a dollar bill and call it blow
Never gonna go to Cleveland again

ERIC: Now here's where Clive Davis came in...I couldnt think of one more line that fit...So Clive wanted me to change it to "Never Gonna Stall My Car Again", but LC already had a copyright for that...Lucky for me...

Lew: Okay, how about that one that became a smash for Shaun Cassidy, "That's Rock and Roll"...

ERIC:...Back when I was a  kid, they used to teach us in school on the proper thing to do if we were ever in a fire...I think Dick Van Dyke even used to have public address commercials on t.v. to teach us about  wrapping yourself up in a blanket and roll on the  flames to smother and put them out...

That's what the song was based on...These were the original lyrics...

"Well I was sixteen

And still in school

In case a fire started

What should we do?

You grab a blanket

Wrap it around you

THEN DROP AND ROLL

If its a fire

Or just some smog

Grab a blanket 

And hit the floor like a log

Dont try to fight it

Or re-ignite it

JUST DROP AND ROLL

ERIC: You see Lewie, these early lessons in life pay off later on...

LEW: What a cool story...How about SUNRISE?

ERIC: Not much to tell about that one, but it stems from going bowling.as a kid...It was originally called "ONE SIZE"...Where I grew up, nobody had enough money to own your own pair of bowling shoes, so, when you went to the alleys, you would have to rent a pair...I was always ashamed to say "size two please": because everybody would see you bowl all day long with a #2 on your shoe and you know the connotation of a small foot...Everybody thinks you have an "innie"...

In order to alleviate my embarrassment, I tried to patent a "one size" fits all bowling shoe, but I couldnt quite get the concept down...So I had to keep getting and broadcasting the fact that I had a size two foot...You know what they say, "IF THE SHOE FITS...

LEW: I feel like a real "heel" after hearing that story...Let's finish up with one more track, MY GIRL...

ERIC: I once read an article about a guy who went to have a sex change operation and it came out incorrect and he was left with both male and female "body parts"...That inspired the original title GUY GIRL"...

"GUY GIRL

Its everything a person could possibly be

GUY GIRL

She can squat or stand up when its time to pee...

TO BE CONTINUED...

• Like 1

Man, the unknown history behind all those great old songs.... Who knew? "Drop and Roll" was especially inspired. Heck, it might have been an even bigger hit with those original lyrics. And it might have saved lives! 

Looking forward to the history behind "Boats," Lew. It'll be interesting to see who wrote the introduction to the song.... It may sound like "Row row row your boat," but....

Carry on! 

• Like 3

Mr. Carmen is conspicuously absent within the 3 sections that comprise this "satire". 

It doesn't take much creativity to go into the gutter periodically, or imply substance abuse of any kind, that's a bit low rent.  I don't fawn over anyone, but I think you (Lew) do a disservice to Mr. Carmen.  I can see you have tried to be funny, but without a title to indicate fantasy, newcomers coming on to this site would attribute your satire as a basis in reality, not as satire. 

You did tell me some don't get your attempts at being amusing --- now I understand why.  This is a disappointment, I would expect better from someone who is a fan of Mr. Carmen.  :(

AnneNR

• Like 2

If Eric or Bernie find any of this offensive, both have the editing power to remove, both my posts and revoke my membership from this board...They have had MANY years to do either...If a "newbie"  wanders over to this board and believes that " I Want Aunt Bea To Moo" or "Guy Girl" were the original titles to his songs, then they are more simplistic than their "oohs" and "aahs" would indicate and they would truly stamp themselves as the nadir of decompensation for this board...

Simply skip my posts and read others...I, certainly will continue to post in this vein, until notified by the moderators, and consider your remarks insulting and degrading to those who enjoy them...

• Like 3

There´s no gutter here, there´s no mistreatment or disrespect.  It´s just some very funny writing that I´m sure Eric Carmen would laugh at.

The only thing written on this site in the last months that I would classify as disrespectful to the namesake was some very condescending stuff on the Wally thread by a couple of members.  It´s ironic that one of those members would choose to attack Lew for writing something here that contains zero elements of disrespect.  Zero.

Ironic.

P.S.  Lew has his own personal gadfly (Birdy).  I´m jealous.  Having a gadfly is a sign you´ve made the big-time.  I´ve never had a gadfly.  But then again I suppose I could have my own personal gadfly if I got married.  I don´t know.  I´m now rambling.  Please carry-on.

:-)

James

• Like 4

No garnishment Lew.  That payment (Lewisa) came willingly. 

When one decides to pursue a vehicle of pleasure (James) and forgo a life of suffering (Lew), one sprints
to that source of pleasure. 

I should know, as......I´m James.

:-)

• Like 2

Wow, James. . .   you just made me realize 'drama queens' transcend gender.  I didn't know until just now you had a crown of your own that you show off every once in a while :huh: .  Constructive truth and caring can be viewed by small minds as condescension, it is all a matter of which person's perspective is doing the viewing.

Since I lean more toward a Gallagher or a Cosby approach, Lew is little outside my scope of what I find humorous. 

AnneNR

6  6

__/

Thank God I´m not married - I´m lucky.  I only have to be called small minded on EC.Com!..   :-)

Poor dudes who are married have to put up with this every day.

I will pray for them tonight.

My prayer tonight:

Dear God,
Don´t let married dudes think they have small minds,
Please do the impossible,
And make chicks more kind.

James, 2014

• Like 1

ok..deep breath...just my opinion for what it is worth.,.Lew, and James are not being disrespectful...they are being Lew and James, a beloved part of these forums...sometimes it takes a while to get use to their humor, but hey..if it offends..just skip the post...we have a lot of characters on this forum..speaking of which where is Tommy Tunes and Tony Cartmill....Bernie keeps us all on track..and Eric has a great sense of humor..he has put out a lot of zingers himself..

Peace

• Like 5

True dat, Shelley!  I love my ladies here, I really do, but the guys need a place to frolick too.

Ladies, I want to soothe your nerves, so if you choose to read Lew's posts re my muse (Eric), just gaze at the image below:

My Personal Disclaimer:

(no rolled up socks or pine cones were inappropriately used or abused in the preparation of this AWESOME! public announcement.)  ;)

Cayenne 

• Like 5

Thank you, gracious as always, Cayennegirl.

Lew, James, frollick away, I depart for better topics (for me).

P.S. --- aside for Cayennegirl : . . . why is it guys are sooo concerned about the quantitative perception of their luggage??  at any age!!??  If it serves it's purpose, why all the concern. . . ;) 

AnneNR

6  6

__/

• Like 1

Anne,

Now THAT is a fun topic I'd like to see and partake in via Cartoon World.  However, I refuse to "touch on it" here. 

I will say, however, the old southern lore about the "way to a man's heart is through his stomach" isn't exactly true.

:)

Cayenne

...carry on gentlemen...

• Like 2

Think this topic may also be called "MARS V. VENUS, THE SAGA CONTINUES..."

Ladies, Eric and Bernie WILL delete things - just sayin'.

Let's try to make things here a bit easier for my muse (Eric) and our man Bernie.  Chill!

You do know that all of the muses were women, right M.E.? ;)

I have moved / edited / deleted lots of posts over the last few years, but nothing in this thread qualifies. It's good to see a little creative writing now and again. :)

Tim

• Like 5

Honestly, the "luggage" comment makes me uncomfortable. The "conversations with Eric" are funny.  

Keep it up, Lew! I'm sure I'm going to start singing "Guy Girl" now — considering I can't stop singing "I Want Aunt Bee to Moo (So Loud)."

You and James need to take your act on the road. I'd pay to see it.

Cheryl

• Like 3