Under-Rated Lead Singers

ira

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

Eric Carmen would have been about the best tenor in radio pop, for singing his singles.  He's got a beautiful voice.  I like Daryl Hall's voice for singing.

I agree about the singer for Sergio Mendes' and Brasil '66--so cool and one-of-a-kind.

• Like 2

I didn't see him mentioned—Micky Dolenz.

Even though Davy was my favorite, Micky's voice made my heart melt. His voice is sooooo pure. And he can sing many genres of music. If you've never seen him live, go now to his facebook, look to find out where he's touring, buy an plane ticket and be ready to enjoy an amazing evening. You can thank me later.

:D

This song just does something to my heart that I can't describe. It's like trying to explain to someone the feel of a certain kiss. Sometimes there are no words.

:)

• Like 2

Just a side note --- for all the complaints I remember hearing about singers in the era of the Beatles, the Monkees, the British Invasion, those "long-haired weirdos" as some were called, look very attractive in period piece attire like frock coats, poet shirts, and the like.  Isn't it strange how our perceptions of certain characteristics alters when the status quo is challenged?

Micky is certainly overlooked, and Mike (always my favorite for non-conforming) just prefers a different genre altogether.  Peter is kinda like Ringo Starr, he needs to choose songs and arrangements that compliment his style and vocal talent more carefully than others in the music industry. . . .  but Micky is definitely someone who is underrated.

AnneNR

6  6
__/

• Like 1

I honestly didn't realize how amazing Micky's voice was until I saw him solo with his sister. (His sister...WOW!!!!!!!!! What a voice!)

I was off to the side of the stage singing all the harmonies to the Monkees' songs. I love harmonies. And honestly, Micky's voice was so perfect to sing with (even if it was on the side of the stage). I would have given anything to sing one song with him. I can't stress enough that people need to see him live. You won't be disappointed. 

• Like 1

I have seen him live in a very small setting with Peter and Mike at De Anza College --- and I agree with you 100% Ms. Wendy-Ann, Micky is something to listen to as well as watch him dance and move around while doing so.  I may never get to see these guys again, so I really cherish that my daughter and hubby got those tickets and we had such a phenomenal evening of song. :D

AnneNR

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...