New Essential "Review"

Eric Carmen

I'll say it again: I've NEVER seen any Essential release get the publicity that Eric's is receiving. Someone is doing an amazing job getting the word out to media. I was in a store yesterday here in Scottsdale, AZ, looking at the many different Essential cd's, and heck, even Wu Tang Clan has one!! Now having never been a fan of this band (are they a band?) nor having never visited their website, I can't say for sure whether or not they received similar press, but in my opinion, every review Eric's cd is receiving, whether a 4-star or a negative one, is great publicity. People will realize that Eric Carmen is still around and musically vital.

• Like 6

Tim Smith is the BOMB!

Marv, I agree with what you're saying to an extent, but the review was pitiful and I'm on the same page with E.  Not sure the same folks who read Hal (or Evan's) reviews would go out and get the "Essential" today, but if they do, then that's great!

Our little gang did make some jokes at the guy's expense, but I'm sure he's developed a thick skin over the years just like E.

:)

• Like 1

Go ahead. Play "Planet Of The Apes." I double-dare you!!!

Keep in mind, I own 75% of the writing and publishing. ( Raekwon sampled the intro of "Sunrise" and rapped/ sang(?) over it BEFORE negotiating. Oooops! )

It's a riot. I really was hoping the album would go gold, because I had visions of hanging it right next to Celine Dion's "Falling Into You" album on my wall.

From "All By Myself" to "Planet Of The Apes!" Talk about versatile!      

• Like 4

Hey you guys,

Don't knock my new fav (POTAs) rock anthem! :P

On a different note...just received something at home in gmail alerting me someone at American Songwriter "liked" one of the Eric photos in my "Favorite People" board on Pinterest.

Wonder if it was Hal/Evan?  That would be special.

• Like 1

I just came home from work to find a package in the mailbox. Could it be ... I ordered 3 things form Amazon the other day so as to get free shipping. Which would it be? Eric Carmen's new CD, The Man From U.N.C.L.E. 8movie collection dvd or Dr. Horrible's Sing-along blog DVD. The package is wide. It feels like more than one thing in it. I open it to find all three. The Eric Carmen CD is playing while I am keying this post (First post in ages) It feels right to read EC.COM posts while listening. The DVDS remain still wrapped.

• Like 3