Boston Summer Tour

donzi

Rumoured they might be coming to Europe this year. I saw them in London in '79 and still have the tour programme. They didn't have a large repertoire because they only had 2 albums worth of material but they were brilliant. Still one of the best gigs I've been to. I remember they played about three encores and had to play a song called "Televison Politican" because they had rune out of material. That song has never made it on any subsequent release to date.

• Like 1

Boston recently announced a summer tour. Go to the tour calendar at gonnahitcharide website for info.

http://www.gonnahitcharide.com/tour/tour-calendar

Not many dates yet though.

HEY DONZI!

Didn't get to check out Boston's concert schedule, but hope they will be adding more dates.

Also hoping they will play close to your area.....I imagine you have seen them umpteen times though! One of my saddest regrets is I've never seen them live w/ BD - will ALWAYS be a huge Brad Delp fan.

redd :)

HEY DONZI!

Didn't get to check out Boston's concert schedule, but hope they will be adding more dates.

Also hoping they will play close to your area.....I imagine you have seen them umpteen times though! One of my saddest regrets is I've never seen them live w/ BD - will ALWAYS be a huge Brad Delp fan.

Hi Redd,

They are scheduled to play in Chicago at Montrose Beach in late June. However, I prefer an indoor venue so I decided on Clearwater, FL instead. What? Sounds logical, right? :D (My mom has a condo there).

The Clearwater concert should make it 6 or 7. My memory has never been that good.

Funny story - My wife and I went on a road trip to Boston a few years back to see Boston play at Symphony Hall for a Doug Flutie tribute. A few days later we went and saw BeatleJuice (a Beatles tribute band fronted by Brad Delp) in New Hampshire. Mr. Delp graciously signed my 2 new digipack remastered Boston CDs (BTW - The "Nicest guy in rock n roll" moniker fits him to a T). A few minutes later, I recognize Muzz, the drummer for BeatleJuice, walking by and say hello to him. He stops to say hello and my wife (not knowing he wasn't a member of Boston) whips out the newly signed CDs from her purse for Muzz to sign. ::yikes::  Muzz was great though. I think he said something about not being in that band. He brought back a couple of signed BeatleJuice pictures for me and my wife.

• Like 1

DONZI!

Of course the Clearwater concert venue is the logical choice! Fun in the sun, free lodging, beautiful beaches AND you get to see your fave band live (again). You can't go wrong! Thx for sharing that super cool story about meeting Brad Delp. The nicest guy in the music biz - awww, that just warms my heart. Am sure you & your wife were THRILLED to meet him! Never knew about Beatlejuice, you are a wealth of musical info :) That was too funny about Muzz signing the Boston CD'S, then still bringing back some Bjuice memorabilia.

I hope y'all have a terrific trip! Am happy for ya :)

redd

DONZI!

Of course the Clearwater concert venue is the logical choice! Fun in the sun, free lodging, beautiful beaches AND you get to see your fave band live (again). You can't go wrong! Thx for sharing that super cool story about meeting Brad Delp. The nicest guy in the music biz - awww, that just warms my heart. Am sure you & your wife were THRILLED to meet him! Never knew about Beatlejuice, you are a wealth of musical info :) That was too funny about Muzz signing the Boston CD'S, then still bringing back some Bjuice memorabilia.

I hope y'all have a terrific trip! Am happy for ya :)

redd

Hey Redd,

Muzz never signed the CDs. I think he saw the expression on my face (similar to this ::yikes:: ). Plus, based on his comment, I don't think he would have signed them anyway.

Now if I can just get Tom Scholz to sign them, I would be a happy camper.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Did I ever tell you all about the time I purchased the home Tom was raised in (Ottawa Hills, Ohio)? Did I tell you about the graffiti I found scrawled in the basement?

Okay maybe I didn't :) He was a Toledo Boy at birth but his daddy became a big deal when he came up with pre-fab luxury homes. Tons of them still stand in Ottawa Hills with the original red doors. Tom seemed to resent his dad's wealth and corporate lifestyle.

• 3 months later...

THIS IS THE "SUMMER OF DONZI"! How great is that - you just saw Boston live when you & your missus were in Clearwater. Now, they are doing a show only 10 minutes from your house?!!

Yep, you just gotsta go :) HA!

Happy for ya, Man! I know how much you dig Boston...

• Like 1

THIS IS THE "SUMMER OF DONZI"! How great is that - you just saw Boston live when you & your missus were in Clearwater. Now, they are doing a show only 10 minutes from your house?!!

Yep, you just gotsta go :) HA!

Happy for ya, Man! I know how much you dig Boston...

Good thing there isn't a Raspberries reunion or an Eric Carmen tour this summer. My head might explode!

• Like 1