2014 Rock Hall Inductees

Raspbernie

And, just recently, they had a dispute over whiich members, from the beginning or more recently

would play at The RHOF. It came to a boi after one of the original members called a radio station . And has been decided to enjoy that day without any

members playing songs. Hopefully, they can play something.

I used to get worked up about things like this, but I have long gotten over it. Hall of Fame's, Top Ten Lists, Best Of's, etc....are all just one person or groups preferences. For that reason, I rarely pay much attention to "Lists" of any sort. The only ones I care about are my own. Every year there are artists inducted that I don't like or know little about, but SOMEONE has a reason why they deserve to be in. So yes....if I was in charge of putting acts in the HOF, you can bet that The Moody Blues, ELO, The Guess Who, Three Dog Night, Neil Sedaka, and even Bread would be in. (forgive me if some of these artists are already in. I've pretty much stopped paying attention)

If there was some sort of criteria that was written in stone that would allow entrance to the Hall, then I could understand it better. But since it's just someone's opinion, I just don't care.

• Like 3

Craig,

I would like to know the actual process of how folks get into the RHF too other than the written guidelines which are "blurred lines" at best. 

My primary question is: do we need to begin a mad campaign to write e-mails and letters to prompt The Hall to induct E/Rs?  

Will be happy to help with that task!!  Something I could get worked up about.

M.E.

p.s.  I'm a Moody Blues fan too.  I have fond memories of the music and the time... 

Craig,

I would like to know the actual process of how folks get into the RHF too other than the written guidelines which are "blurred lines" at best. 

My primary question is: do we need to begin a mad campaign to write e-mails and letters to prompt The Hall to induct E/Rs?  

Will be happy to help with that task!!  Something I could get worked up about.

M.E.

p.s.  I'm a Moody Blues fan too.  I have fond memories of the music and the time... 

The process is outlined fairly clearly on the Rock Hall site: http://www.rockhall.com/inductees/induction-process/

As of last year, fan's were allowed to vote for their favourites. In my opinion, this was the main reason why Rush got in last year and KISS this year.

• Like 1

Is it really so clear cut Marv?  Not so sure.  M.E.

I think it's pretty clear, mind you I've been following the process for many years. There is also a list of who the academy/voting members are, and it's an extensive, knowledgeable group. 

As mentioned, the process now also includes the ability for fan's to submit a vote for artists they think should be in the Hall. 

• Like 3

I agree with Craig.

And although it's a thourough voting group,

thebands on the bottom of the pile might not get in for 10 or 20 years,

since only the top five get in, each year.

So, you need more people voting.

And, with one of the music awards shows, artists won, in their category,

because they had the most listeners on soundcloud, etc.

But, not because of CD or Album sales.

• Like 2

Paul Stanley, of KISS, said the latter band members should be inducted, because they have played on multiplatinum albums,

and toured with them. He mentioned that a writer for the Grateful Dead was inducted, and he wasn't a band member.

I see it as an induction for the other two (The recent two members).

Hey, they could always walk in at the induction, with two fingers [On the same hand} supporting the other two}.

Or, one finger on each hand......Wooops, might raise the wrong "one finger" on each hand. HAH!

KISS has announced a summer tour, with Def Leppard. Paul Stanley says they are thrilled about it.

Def Leppard is a theatrical style band, like KISS.

But, Paul said there probably won't be rock guitar jams. Most likely two separate concerts,

without both bands playing on stage at the same tim.