Elton Marathon..SHEESH!

ira

Been making it a point to catch older acts that I've never seen before they stop touring or WORSE!!

McCartney 4 times in last 5 years...ZEE BEST!!!..(Didn't know I spoke French...Hell I can sing "Michelle" for Christ's sake..:))..

Caught Bob Seger..("MainStreet" was AMAZING!!!)..

Frankie Valli..STILL has the falsetto..UNBELIEVABLE!!!..

Last nite my true  love Beverly and I saw Sir Elton..He played for 3 "F'#@^in' hours..unbelievable..

It was like he was back in '69..

Playful funny..He was rockin' Madison Square Garden!

I beg you guys...(and I know who you are)If you haven't gone to concerts since before the kids and the bills...THERE's still nothin' better than OUR music!!

• Like 6

Elton is coming to Youngstown, OH on February 1 to a 6,000+ seat venue.  We're between Cleveland and Pittsburgh.   He was here a few years ago.   I looked at his tour schedule...he's in other countries before and after that date.   I don't see any  other US dates.   I wonder what made him come back to our town to a small venue in the middle of this tour.   I was able to get a couple of seats about 11 rows back on the floor.    I never cared one way or the other about seeing him but I got tickets because a friend is  a big fan and wasn't sure she'd be able to get them because they sold out so quickly.   I was debating about selling the tickets or going to the show.   It sounds like he's worth seeing even if you're not a big fan and it's only 10 minutes from home.    I wonder if Eric will be there since we're only an hour from Cleveland and I thought he was an Elton fan.

• Like 2

Dear Iwanna..I too loved MANY of his "singles".. though he isn't one of my obsessions...I wanted my dear Bev who loves him to see him...this was one of her Chanukah presents... WELL...It was great...You'll be glad you're goin'... :)

Awww Ira,

How sweet! You made sure your beloved went

to the EJ concert.

Keep being a considerate husband, the phrase to remember they say is "happy wife, happy life"<3

Sincerely,

redd

There were so many great bands coming down to N.O. in the 70s and early 80s. 

I've also traveled around to see bands - OHIO :) - was one of those places. 

But, getting back to N.O. and bands, we don't get people I'd like to see too much here except for during Jazz Fest.  The N.O. police weren't always so kind to some of the band members in the past, so...did see the Eagles though and they were great.

Redd, Kirk and Ira, Happy Girlfriend can mean happy life too!!

• Like 1

I saw Elton twice in the 90s.One was a stadium show in St. Louis with his band and co.headliner Billy Joel while the second was a solo piano show in Peoria.They were radically different but each was wonderful in its own way.I actually preferred the solo show(I was in the 9th row as opposed to second from the top at old Busch Stadium,though.)

• Like 1

I saw him August, 1976...in his prime...Richfield Coloseum, right outside Cleveland.

I went to a ton of concerts back in the day....his was easily the best of them all.  I was only 17, wasn´t a cryer type...but remember having tears well up in my eyes from being so moved by his performance. 

I´ve seen video of him in concert in the 80s, 90s and after and it´s just not the same.  He´s still great ....but in the mid 70s he was out of this world great.

P.S.  Cool pic Pretender.  You look like a good dude.

James

• Like 1

Saturday saw Paul Anka with brother Monte...sister-in -law Noreen and SWEET Beverly.

Anka is in Sinatra/Rat Pack pre-Rock And Roll milieu..BUT that stuff is great when done by Tony Bennet..Steve Tyrell...Anka..Buble.. Connick..

The Vegas Tradition is Strictly American..(like Rock And Roll...and I LOVE IT!!)

GREAT GREAT Show..

Anybody ever seen the "Lonely Boy" in concert?

Kirk,

Entertaining post, still laughing at your term 'cringe factor' hahaha. But you made up for that by the end of your post. Remember hearing that song WAAAAYY back when on the radio and groaning every time it was played :) Dumb kids, but we had no appreciation for the song at that time in our lives.

Thx for the chuckle :)

redd

• Like 1

:-)

OK cool people, since I´m out of the closet with "Havin My Baby" I might as well let it all hang out:

I also love:

"After The Lovin", Englebert

"Watchin Scotty Grow", Bobby Goldsboro

"Honey", Bobby Goldsboro

...everything from The Sound of Music

...and more

TO BE CONTINUED (  :blink: )

• Like 1

James, I'll admit Kirk and I are 2 cool people B) B), but it isn't the song per se that irks me.  I'm a woman for goodness sake and I know the song was written from the heart.  Something about the way he sings it doesn't feel genuine to me and I'm not certain why. 

I LOVE ABM and my heart lights up when I hear it!! 

Anyway, there are other musical songs I love which most guys would think are sappy and it's okay that you love them too. 

Let us know your favs and I promise not to be snarky.

Your friend,

M.E.

Dear James,

I'm so sorry, I truly didn't give it a second thought when I laughed at Kirk's 'snarky' comment about HMB by Paul Anka as cringeworthy. (Sorry, that just cracks me up) Ok, not exactly how he put it, but a mashup of Kirk's and cayennegirl's vocabulary.

You are James and are ALREADY cool :) As c-girl said, feel free to get all those songs out of the closet, haha. Or something to that effect. JK

Would be a boring world if we all liked the same things!

We <3 ya James!

Stay cool....

redd :)

• Like 1