Sonny Geraci Benefit

Brian

Many of you on this site recognize the name of Sonny Geraci....lead vocalist for The Outsiders until parting ways in 1970. The Cleveland band was best known for their nationally acclaimed hit "Time Won't Let Me." Other hits included "Respectable" and "Help Me Girl." A total of four albums were recorded by the band on Capitol Records. Sonny also had a successful solo career. In 1972 "Precious And Few" was his biggest hit which he recorded with Climax.

For years, Sonny has been on the oldies circuit playing to

hundreds of thousands......millions...... of fans throughout the years.  A great singer......and my neighbor.....whose family now has had to endure challenging

times. A year and a half ago, Sonny suffered a brain aneurysm putting the family in dire straits financially. Thankfully, he is slowly recovering and will live through this.

Although his singing future my be over.

There is a benefit being held, here in the Cleveland area,November 15th & 16th. Friends of Sonnys' from his life are coming forward and contributing to this event.

Check out the names from the enclosed link......many famous names from our music generation are performing for this benefit.

I'm sure it will be a great event and if you're in the area, would be a worthwhile show to see!

http://www.stringzwingz.com/sonnygeracibenefit.htm

• Like 2

Hello Brian,

Thanks for sharing this news about Sonny.

Am saddened to hear of all he has been through. I remember always "borrowing" my

older cousin's Climax album. Played it over & over again....

Couldn't view the list presently, but am sure

the benefit concert will be amazing! Is there a

site/address where we can send donations?

Many thx,

redd

• Like 1

Many of you on this site recognize the name of Sonny Geraci....lead vocalist for The Outsiders until parting ways in 1970. The Cleveland band was best known for their nationally acclaimed hit "Time Won't Let Me." Other hits included "Respectable" and "Help Me Girl." A total of four albums were recorded by the band on Capitol Records. Sonny also had a successful solo career. In 1972 "Precious And Few" was his biggest hit which he recorded with Climax.  For years, Sonny has been on the oldies circuit playing tohundreds of thousands......millions...... of fans throughout the years.  A great singer......and my neighbor.....whose family now has had to endure challengingtimes. A year and a half ago, Sonny suffered a brain aneurysm putting the family in dire straits financially. Thankfully, he is slowly recovering and will live through this.Although his singing future my be over.There is a benefit being held, here in the Cleveland area,November 15th & 16th. Friends of Sonnys' from his life are coming forward and contributing to this event.Check out the names from the enclosed link......many famous names from our music generation are performing for this benefit.I'm sure it will be a great event and if you're in the area, would be a worthwhile show to see!http://www.stringzwingz.com/sonnygeracibenefit.htm

Brian,

Just accessed the website, saw how to donate.

Thx

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So many musicians from across the country attended this event to support Sonny. What an amazing event.

Love, family, friendship and incredible non stop music filled the air. It was so thoughtful for so many local

(Cleveland) musicians to participate. Too many to name but I will give a shout out to Wally for participating.

Such a kind, talented FUNNY guy! Thanks Wally for supporting one of your very own. Life changes in an

instant. You never know when you just might need a little help from your friends.

• Like 2

So many musicians from across the country attended this event to support Sonny. What an amazing event.

Love, family, friendship and incredible non stop music filled the air. It was so thoughtful for so many local

(Cleveland) musicians to participate. Too many to name but I will give a shout out to Wally for participating.

Such a kind, talented FUNNY guy! Thanks Wally for supporting one of your very own. Life changes in an

instant. You never know when you just might need a little help from your friends.

Gina, Is that you?! :)

I hope all is well!

Tim