I Just Found Something I Didn't Know I Had

Hello! I have listened to Eric for years but only recently became a real fan and a collector.A couple of years ago a neighbor of mine was cleaning out some stuff and he knew I loved music so he gave me all of his grown kids vinyl records and albums that they had left,they must've been in that shed since the 80's.Anyway today I was cleaning and found a vinyl album I didn't remember that he gave me.It is titled "Ronco Presents Superstars" it says it is "As Seen On TV" with "Original Super Hits" and was released in 1978.It has Eric Carmen with "She Did It",I jumped up and ran to my record player,to play my found treasure that I didn't even know I had.The track list is,Side 1:"I Feel Love" Donna Summer,"Undercover Angel" Alan O'Day,"She Did It" Eric Carmen,'High School Dance"The Sylvers,"Dusic"Brick,"Falling"LeBlanc & Carr,"I'm Your Boogie Man" K.C. & The Sunshine Band,"Looks Like We Made It"Barry Manilow.Side 2:"Calling Dr, Love" Kiss,"The Way I Feel Tonight" Bay City Rollers,"Help Is On The Way"Little River Band,"Gone Too Far" England Dan & John Ford Coley,"I Wouldn't Want To Be Like You" Alan Parsons Project,"I'm Dreaming" Jennifer Warnes,"Can't It All Be Love" Randy Edelman,"Save It For A Rainy Day" Stephen Bishop and "Dancing Queen" ABBA.Some of these songs I've never even heard,so this was an interesting find.Do any of the longtime fans on the site remember this?I thought it was an odd coincidence that both Eric and Jennifer Warnes are on this and both are on the "Dirty Dancing" soundtrack.It plays perfectly and has the jacket and everything including an advertisement on the back for a record vacuum.I've never had one of those.Anyway it just goes to show that you never know what you might find.

• Like 2

Wow, Ashley! Great find :) Of course being older than you, I know & remember each of those songs. What a weird coincidence with both EC & Jennifer Warnes having songs on that album. Know how happy that made you, being the great music lover that you are :)

• Like 1

Wow, Ashley! Great find :) Of course being older than you, I know & remember each of those songs. What a weird coincidence with both EC & Jennifer Warnes having songs on that album. Know how happy that made you, being the great music lover that you are :)

I remember most of the songs but I have to admit not all of them and I have no idea who Randy Edelman even is.Not real familiar with Brick or LeBlanc & Carr.The rest of them I either know the song or the artist or both.Either way through the album I can learn a little about who they are and what they sounded like.

My friend Ashley, you are amazing! Your quest for musical knowledge is unparalleled. I really admire your total appreciation & love of music. I hope & pray one day you will work in the music industry in some capacity. As you mentioned, now with the internet there are more opportunities out there. Hey fellow music fans, any ideas/suggestions to point our friend in the right direction?!!

• Like 1

Good karma is in high gear this a.m.

My DJ neighbor is having a yard sale outside and and he collects vintage vinyl. I asked him if he had any EC or Raspberries vinyl because that's what I collect - and guess what??  He just made a gift to me of the Raspberries' "Starting Over" and - I can hardly believe it's mine :heartpump:.

• Like 1

Good karma is in high gear this a.m.

My DJ neighbor is having a yard sale outside and and he collects vintage vinyl. I asked him if he had any EC or Raspberries vinyl because that's what I collect - and guess what??  He just made a gift to me of the Raspberries' "Starting Over" and - I can hardly believe it's mine :heartpump:.

What a great find.

• Like 1