Hi! My Name is Ashley Crawford

Hello,

I'm new to the site and somewhat new to Eric's music. I have known who Eric was all my life, I was born in 1974 so I grew up hearing All By Myself. Like most teenagers of the 80's I knew Eric mostly from Hungry Eyes and Make Me Lose Control, both of which I absolutely love. As I got older and learned more I discovered he was in The Raspberries and of course had the hit, Go All The Way, which I also loved. But when I was a little girl there was a song I sang all the time by Shaun Cassidy, That's Rock N' Roll, but I never liked Shaun very much.

Yesterday I got in the mood to hear Go All The Way and went to Spotify, then I decided I wanted to hear Make Me Lose Control and saw the song That's Rock N' Roll and I thought could it be the same song, well of course it was and done better then Shaun's version. I thought did Eric write this song, so I looked it up and found out he did, as well as writing Hey Deannie, Almost Paradise and Maybe My Baby all of which I also love. So suddenly I became a fan of an artist I had never given nearly enough thought about.

Now I'm listening and learning and ordering music that I never thought I would.I was up late last night watching Eric in performances on Youtube especially That's Rock N' Roll on Midnight Special. So I know some but there's lots more to learn and hear and I'm very excited to learn all I can about such a brilliant singer, songwriter and musician.

• Like 3

Greetings Ashley, welcome aboard! Loved your post, that is super cool you have become a EC/Raspberries fan in reverse! What a great discovery, huh? Have loved Eric since way back when....and am rediscovering that love & appreciation thx to this website. Please check out his video "I Can Remember" that song is pure creative genius, kinda like a mini rock opera. Still gives me chills every time I watch it. :)

• Like 2

On 7/26/2013 at 6:31 PM, redd said:

Greetings Ashley, welcome aboard! Loved your post, that is super cool you have become a EC/Raspberries fan in reverse! What a great discovery, huh? Have loved Eric since way back when....and am rediscovering that love & appreciation thx to this website. Please check out his video "I Can Remember" that song is pure creative genius, kinda like a mini rock opera. Still gives me chills every time I watch it. :)

Thank you so much for the welcome, I will check out "I Can Remember". I am so happy to hear especially from longtime fans who know way more than I do about Eric and The Raspberries.

• Like 1

On 7/27/2013 at 4:23 AM, Raspbernie said:

Ashley,

I am also what I call a "reverse engineered" Raspberries fan. I first came to Eric's music with his first solo LP. Then discovered he was in a band called Raspberries. After that, well, everything fell into place.

Welcome to EC.com!

Bernie

Thank you for being so welcoming and not making me feel so dumb for not paying attention sooner to Eric or The Raspberries. What do they say ,as long as your not dead it's never too late.

Welcome Ashley..what a great story..you remind me of my sons..they 'discovered'  The Raspberries after hearing me listening to them.

I love it when a 'new' generation connects with Eric and the Raspberries amazing talent.  :D

Thank you for welcoming me,I love when a new generation connects with any good music,considering some of the stuff that is out there today.Looking forward to learning more about Eric,The Raspberries and the fans.

• Raspbernie changed the title to Hi! My Name is Ashley Crawford