Weekend At Bernie's 5-0

On August 11, 2007, "Weekend at Bernie's" held its fifth EricCarmen.com fan gathering. Good friends, great conversation, a perfectly grilled hamburger, and backyard karaoke from one of the world's greatest singer/songwriters.

Ahhh... good times!

Back in those early social media days, I set up a simple webcam to share the event with fans all around the world. It took a photo every 15 seconds and created a record of one helluva SPECTACULAR time!

So, for those of you who were there: savor the memory. For those who couldn't make it: we present a selection of photos documenting what was the party of all parties!

Bernie

PS: The theme was luau ("Weekend at Bernie's 5-0" ... "Hawaii 5-0" ... get it?), so people didn't naturally show up wearing Hawaiian shirts. The grass skirt, I'm not so sure.

Oh, and August 11 was a certain someone's birthday, so there was cake (Thanks, JuliaD!) :)

WABcam.jpg

• Like 11

Thanks for the blast from the past Bernie...although I was never at one of WAB'S,  it looks like party central and a great time was had by all.

I do see some familiar faces that through EC.Com I have now actally been able to meet and become dear friends with..so thanks Bernie and Eric

for that as well....Valorie :D :D :heartpump:

Wow!!.

All we need is some commentary on the photos  [Joke time].

Are these photos in reverse? Note, left row, second from the top- Is that Darlene or Julia D. getting ready to go skinny dipping?

(Note, there was that rumour, late into Bernie's party).

Start to the left. Photo 13 from the top. The one with Jim and the bartender (Backwards cap)?:

Jim: My god!!. You've gotta be kidding me!

Bartender: Someone took your two drinks, and you just arrived?

Jim: Yes. It wasn't Tony. He isn't here. I even left a ten dollar tip. 

Bartender: I heard Tommy Tunes is here. (Note, not far away, the left hand of Tommy Tunes? sneaking drinks from the drink table).

Was it that prankster Mike C?

Jim: Well, he did quite a few jokes online, last time.

Jim: I saw Eric running (Third row, eighth photo from the top). But, he wouldn't sneak my drink from me, I don't think.

First row Tenth photo from the top.  .Eric tells guest, No autographs, pal, until we find Jim's drinks

Now, second row. Is that Tommy showing where the two drinks are?

More, on the weekend.

Meeting Eric...and again meeting the sweetest rock and roller Jim Bonfanti and his incredible wife Barb..was the highlight of my youth :) (Well hell...I was a mere child of 56...newly bald... and eager to go move out of my mom's house and see the world!!)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 7 years later...
19 hours ago, Vinnie B Trask said:

Did you have Eric fans at your house Bernie or am I missing something.

I do see the post is 8 years old

Yes. I hosted a fan party at my house for a few years. In 2007, we had some very special surprise guests—along with some really surprised fans! Eric and Jim dropped by, met fans and posed for photos. It was Eric's birthday, so we celebrated together. To cap the night off we convinced Eric to take a turn at the karaoke machine. He chose "Almost Paradise (in the style of Eric Carmen)" from the menu saying, "I think I can handle that." I remember wondering if the neighbors were thinking, "Hey, that guy sounds petty good!"

:cool:

Bernie

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Raspbernie said:

Yes. I hosted a fan party at my house for a few years. In 2007, we had some very special surprise guests—along with some really surprised fans! Eric and Jim dropped by, met fans and posed for photos. It was Eric's birthday, so we celebrated together. To cap the night off we convinced Eric to take a turn at the karaoke machine. He chose "Almost Paradise (in the style of Eric Carmen)" from the menu saying, "I think I can handle that." I remember wondering if the neighbors were thinking, "Hey, that guy sounds petty good!"

:cool:

Bernie

Wow Bernie! Very special. Eric sounds like a down to Earth guy!

8 hours ago, Lew Bundles said:

Strange how the memory bank goes haywire sometime...For all these years, I thought I remembered EC and the former Mrs. singing Hungry Eyes, but I think you are right...it was Almost Paradise...But I distinctly remember the “In the style of Eric Carmen” comment...

you were there Lew?  Nice to hear!