Eric's Best Books

plainjane

Hi Eric.

I got a Nook for Christmas, and my first book was "Marathon man"

I now have these Barns and Noble gift cards that are burning a hole in my pocket! LOL

I know that you are an avid reader, so I would love your input.

So many books have been written about 911 and the JFK assassination, that I have no idea where to start.

Please tell me your favorite books on the subjects.

Thank you so much.

Pj

• 2 weeks later...

I just read "The Flip-side of Feminism" and I don't care to read. But I have to say...the author was spot on about how modern feminism screws up a lot of things for society. Good read. If you care to read it, I am passing it along to my friends. Just email me and I'll put you on the list and mail it to you. :)

• 4 months later...

Hi PJ,

I have to jump into this conversation. I cannot speak for Eric's interest in conspiracy theories or favorite books on 9/11 or the JFK continuing saga. However, I personally have some information which I'll share. I've lived in N.O. for most of my life. My older and classically-trained-musician brother brought me to Ohio (a while back) for a long visit to see friends and The Cyrus Erie Band. My brother also coincidentally became a long-time friend of N.O. businessman Clay Shaw. A new book just came out which was researched and composed by an acquaintance of mine - Don Carpenter. The title is: "Man of a Million Fragments: The Story of Clay Shaw." This book is an overview of a central figure, and assumed conspirator, during the N.O. JFK investigation by D.A Jim Garrison. Mr. Shaw's life story certainly stands out in N.O. 60s and 70s lore, and I believe Don does a good job of revealing many details of Shaw's life and trial with relative fairness.

Two other books which I'd recommend are "Me and Lee" by Judyth Vary Baker and "Dr. Mary's Monkey" by Ed Haslem. The latter of these listed books is quite weird so be prepared...but we're talkin' New Orleans and a conspiracy theory right?

M.E.

• Like 1

Hello dear M.E.

Know this topic was meant as a question for Eric, but wanted to thank you for your post. I'm an avid reader as well & have been looking for suggestions to broaden my horizon. Did a bit of research on the 3 books you mentioned & they sound fascinating :D Which book do you recommend I read 1st? Was a wee baby when the JFK assassination went down, had no idea the depth of the controversy. What a tangled web we weave....Gina from Pa.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...