Long-awaited documentary on the Eagles

marvin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So anyone here get the dvd's yet? I got it a couple of days ago, and I thoroughly it. Seeing so many scenes from the 1970's brought back all the memories of why post-Raspberries, this band mattered so much to me at one time. The bitterness Henley and Frey show toward Felder is tough to take, but at the same time it is honest and it's the way that they feel. I still believe the band was at it's musical peak with Meisner-Leadon-Felder.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Just caught this the other day. Wow! Amazing documentary. I was blown away by the incredible amount of archival footage they dug up. It seemed there was somebody capturing video of nearly every step in the band's history. Really awesome job!

Bernie

The footage with them backing up Linda, taken at DisneyWorld, was what topped it off for me.

Wow, I´ve never seen footage of them backing Linda Ronstadt.  How cool that would be!.  

I watch documentaries now thru Amazon´s version of pay-per-view.  GREAT deals on (especially older) documentaries.  If/when this Eagles thing hits Amazon pay-per-view it will cost more, but will be worth it.

James

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

They are being honored at their first concert with the world's largest vinyl record.

It sits on top of their first stop, The Inglewood Forum.

It covers 5.7 acres, at 17 mph, or 70  rpm

Over 400 hundred feet across.

Also see video on youtube for world's largest vinyl record

My best friend loved the Eagles like I loved Raspberries/Eric Carmen back in the day.  He was probably more of an Eagles freako than even Marvin. 

And he still is.  Though when I was with him over Christmas the subject of this docementary didn´t come up.  Normally it would be one of the first things we´d talk about.  I don´t think he was aware that it is out there and I had forgotten about it.

My friend did did mention he was disappointed with the available videos of the Eagles recent tour with Bernie Leadon joining them.  He was thinking that maybe the Eagles had lost it.  I saw some of those videos and I mentioned that it might be the quality of the video more than the performance quality of the Eagles.  I´m not sure.

Anyway, seeing this thread again jogged my mind ...so I just ordered this documentary for my friend...he´ll receive it delivered from Amazon as a surprise.  Next time I´m in the U.S. I´m going to try and borrow it from him and finally view it.

James

• Like 1

My best friend loved the Eagles like I loved Raspberries/Eric Carmen back in the day.  He was probably more of an Eagles freako than even Marvin. 

And he still is.  Though when I was with him over Christmas the subject of this docementary didn´t come up.  Normally it would be one of the first things we´d talk about.  I don´t think he was aware that it is out there and I had forgotten about it.

My friend did did mention he was disappointed with the available videos of the Eagles recent tour with Bernie Leadon joining them.  He was thinking that maybe the Eagles had lost it.  I saw some of those videos and I mentioned that it might be the quality of the video more than the performance quality of the Eagles.  I´m not sure.

Anyway, seeing this thread again jogged my mind ...so I just ordered this documentary for my friend...he´ll receive it delivered from Amazon as a surprise.  Next time I´m in the U.S. I´m going to try and borrow it from him and finally view it.

James

Thanks for the compliment, and yes, I'm pretty much the biggest Eagles freak that I know.

There are rumors that an 'official' video from this latest tour will be released. The show that I saw in Calgary was exceptional - and especially the acoustic sections with Bernie playing / singing.

I love the Eagles too. 

Though I HAVE been questioning myself lately whether the Eagles deserve my love.  It´s true. 

I´m questioning myself because some of the cool dudes on Hollies65´s real cool facebook music group said that the Eagles were terrible.  They said the Eagles didn´t have an authentic bone in their body...that their music was no more than a piece of corporate America created only to make a dollar from low-rent art appreciators like me.  That anyone who liked the Eagles (me) were dupes for corporate money machines like the Eagles who care nothing about art, only about $s.

I felt terrible after learning that I´m a dupe.

:-)

Anyway, it´s good to hear that they were great live, Marvin.  I reckon the videos I saw were just poor quality.

James

• Like 1