121212 Concert for Sandy

marvin

• 4 weeks later...

It will be televised on 34 T.V. stations, and seen by up to two billion people. The Rolling Stones, I think, were added after they did a concert over here.

The sitar player, on a few Beatles songs, has died. He was 92.

Another concert in L. A. this weekend by several stars. Not sure what charity it will benefit, if it is also a charity concert.

Well, at least they got one Eric C (Clapton)....

Overall, great lineup --- is this the first time a concert has had McCartney, the Stones, the Who, and Springsteen at one venue?

Mick and Co. sound great... Jumping Jack Flash! But Macca will be the highlight for me.

Hi Wendy,

That stinks! Did you know that something like 30 cable channels carried the concert? Well, I'm sure it will be on YouTube if it's not already.

Paul was awesome---he did "Helter Skelter," "Let Me Roll It," "1985," "My Valentine" (with Diana Kroll), "Blackbird," "I've Got a Feeling," "Live and Let Die," and one song with reunited Nirvana. Yep, it was nirvana!

THANK YOU, PAT! I downloaded it asap in case it is removed.

My 86 year old mother (Jan. 7th) stayed up almost 4 hours past her bedtime to see this. She said: "I'm 85, Paul is 70, how many more times will I be able to see this (young) man?" She was the one who at 37 years old, defied the nuns’ who sent home notes with my brothers NOT to watch the Beatles on Sullivan. She sat their 4 little butts in front of that small b/w TV and witnessed history with them and my Daddy...she didn’t want to miss this.

And ION (I thought it was COX) switched over. For the love of all that's holy. This was a BENEFIT first and foremost...but they cut off Paul McCartney! Not Kanye West or Alicia Keys but PAUL! And they did it right as Jason Sudeikis was speaking. Mom loves him, because he is (half) Lithuanian and was excited to see a "Lithuanian" on a huge benefit (with Paul)...so when they cut over, I was in the kitchen and she said, "Wendy, where is Jason, and who are these men in masks?" It took me a few seconds to realize it was switched. I about blew a gasket...and it takes me a lot to blow a gasket! lol

I did hear it was being covered on other cable channels (my best friend was Facebooking me) but it was on none of the channels that COX carries...at least in my time zone.

I was sooooooooooooooooooo peeved!

Anyway, I'm gonna watch it. Thanks a million, trillion, quadrillion, Pat! I KNEW someone on here would come through!

Bless you! heartpump

I'll read later. Paul was on so late, the he and the band weren't in the newspapers, including USA Today. Maybe a time deadline.

ON PBS T.V. tonight at 9 P.M., The Beatles Magical Mystery Tour. Most likely other times or another day for different regions to be shown later, I guess.

Back to back stories for sitar player Ravi Shankar. Who really was more like an inventor of interwoven sounds. Start with a note, play some chords, reemphesize note or notes, etc.