Looking for some music/song help

raspberrywolf

Hello Everyone,

I was hoping that you wouldn't mind offering me some assistance when it comes to putting some proper song lists together. This is my first message or request since I left so I am hoping there are still some members on this site that remember me and wouldn't mind helping me out if they can. If you know me at all, I am looking to make a list or lists of great love songs throughout all time. Now I do already have most of the more historically recent ones so to speak like "Never Gonna Fall in Love Again" or 'Every Breath You Take'...what I am actually looking for are the more obscure or one-hit wonder type love songs...and the love theme could be anything-falling in love, breaking up, unrequited love, empowering love songs...well you get the idea now. Mostly I am interested in songs from the 1970's back through the 1950's...but I will not object to songs/music that is classical as long as it reflects the theme of love nor will I reject even more contempory love songs from between 1990-now. So I think I am giving a fairly easy request and in a way I hope it is refreshingly fun...maybe you could share why you like the song so much...or not. This will be a great great help to me and as always I WILL be extremely appreciative. Thanks to all.

Yes, it is really me,

*RaspberryWolf*

A few songs, for now, that I can think of. And mixing the styles of songs.

I think some of the Country Music songs are a good find. Though my list has famous songs that lasted awhile, I guess, on the charts. And some of these artists have more popular songs :

It's Only Make Believe- Conway Twitty

Pop Songs:

Heartbeat Is A Love Beat- The DeFranco's ( I hope I have the right title ).

Julie Do Ya Love Me? - Bobby Sherman

Knock Three Times- Tony Orlando and Dawn

1.´My Beloved Wife´ - Natalie Merchant. Today this is probably my favorite love song. Sometimes I think it´s the best song I´ve ever heard.

2.´If I Loved You´, Richard Rogers wrote the music, from Carousel, best version I´ve found is Shirley Jones singing it. A classic masterpiece, IMHO.

Thank you for all of the help so far but even more important to me is all of the kind words that have been spoken. I knew, this is the ONLY place on all the web where I would find true music aficionados. Any and ALL help is much appreciated. I wouldn't say that I am 'all better' but I AM in a very different place now than when I had decided I needed to leave. I have had a few surgeries since that time but still waiting on at least 2-3 more. *Peace*

"> " type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="600" height="338">

"> " type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="600" height="338">

Bernie

Hey Vera!! I think it would take me all night to try to get something to post (for some reason I can hardly ever get on this site and posting is a nightmare!!) sooooo....I will just give you a song--you can find it on YouTube--I checked--it's there! One of my all-time favorites and it fits your one-hit-wonder-obscure criteria perfectly!

"I Will Still Love You" by Stonebolt

Love, Love, Love this song from 1978!!!

Wow, you guys are giving me some really incredible songs...Julie I just want you to know I have actually personally always loved that one by Stonebolt. I have my own personal reasons for wanting to create this list but you all have inspired my 'creativity'. To me, music pretty much saved my life...and even in some of your responses I can hear how much certain songs have come to mean to you all individually. That being said, there is truly nothing more powerful than love, and love seems so emotionally overwhelming when expressed in song. I want to 'create/make' something that I can give to help other sick people at my hospital a little bit of hope/comfort but most of all love to help them to fight and win whatever illness has brought them there long term. Because our hospital is a district hospital many people come from out of town and don't always 'get regular visits' so maybe this small gift will brighten their days. I will let you know when and what I have created from all of your help. Please know this, that although I may not mention your name in this response, you are RECOGNIZED for your efforts and contributions and I WILL thank you soon! *Peace*

Glad your getting better, Vera.

Yes, Jean, and apparently Frank Sinatra said that Jimmy Webb was his favorite lyricist. "Of all time". I think he was talking about multiple songs. Here's one:

By The Time I Get To Phoenix- Jimmy Webb

Do I Love You- Paul Anka (The original version)

I had never heard the song by Kayak and it is really quite good that it made me wonder why they never made it...or maybe they did but I just had never heard of them. Thanks so much..going on the list Blackhawk! I am slowly but surely going through every song everyone had posted...I just keep being impressed by all the ones that I have never heard of before that you have all added. And Kirk, don't worry, when I finally do make that compilation I will post...as I said it is a project in the works and may not just be just a mix cd of music because I have a passion to be creative.

Just wanted to add that I do hope I get more...I know that is asking alot but I do need more than this please! I have quite a few from my own lists but still I know there's got to be more 'lurkers' around that maybe just haven't thought of one yet...hope you remember that this is now a project for more than 'just me'and a few people/friends I have met/made in the past few months. I am really happy to also been welcomed by new members and members all the way from Japan...now I need the kiwis to come back for a moment and add a couple too!!