Eric At His Peak!

ira

What an amazing talent...!

Eric...I know you have your own life...You owe us NOTHING...

But could we we see you LIVE just one more time?

This performance from the "Dirty Dancing Live" Concert Tour is as good as ANYTHING I've EVER seen in my 60 + years!

Now THAT'S hot! I saw the show several times. He was this GREAT every time! When I went with my friend Millie, she was bowled over by him! THANKS A MILLION IRA for sharing this great video! It's one I want to see a million times!

And Eric wonders why we want to see him perform live again?

:)--Dar

Yes, Eric was in fine form for this show- which is pretty amazing when you listen to him talk about the brutal schedule the promoters kept and the condition his throat was in- spectacular performance.

Can you picture 3 chairs backstage...the hairstylist for the tour is doing the 2 backup singers and Eric's hair...and the stylist has to keep running around to the front to see which hair belongs to what head! winkeyespin

I saw this show at Radio City Music Hall where Eric not only played the three songs he did throughout the tour ("Make Me Lose Control," "Hungry Eyes" and "Almost Paradise)... but two BONUS songs: "All By Myself" and "Go All The Way."

I sat in the second row. It was an unforgettable night!

It was the first time I saw Eric live, EricCarmen.com was still almost a decade away from being created, and I had no idea what was to come!

Bernie

Dazzling performance.

hypno

However I think in this case that the lyrics, right over the screen, are much too intrusive.

Partly obscuring the images. Plus the poetic Eric Carmen/Dean Pitchford sound can lose a little when translated, e.g. in the opening "Me peino" meaning "I comb my hair", doesn't bring the same visualization as "I RUN a comb THROUGH my hair".

Bernie...How cool to learn that this was the first time you saw the maestro live!

My first time was at the Raspberries reunion in Chicago...and after watching YOUR incredible video of old Raspberries performances open the show...then trembling as the curtain lifted...and there were Eric and the 'berries finishing "I Wanna Be With You"...NO SHIT!...this was the highlight of my Rock And Roll lifetime love affair...Again Thank you Bernie my friend!

And I would bet both those backup singers wish their hair looked one one-hundreth as good as his. That's a more appropriate fraction. wink

:)--D

IRA..THANKS FOR THIS GREAT THREAD!!!!!

And Darlene....all I can do is gasp and faint in appreciation for that gorgeous hair and even better performance...

spinLuvLovespin Jean

So few artists make a career fom their art.

Relatively speaking...Eric is a tremendous success!

But I know we ALL share the same thought...bad breaks kept him from being iconic like Elton or Billy Joel or James Taylor...and he's THAT good IMHO!...

But what do I know...I REALLY like him personally and professionally. grin

I saw this show at Radio City Music Hall where Eric not only played the three songs he did throughout the tour ("Make Me Lose Control," "Hungry Eyes" and "Almost Paradise)... but two BONUS songs: "All By Myself" and "Go All The Way."

I sat in the second row. It was an unforgettable night!

It was the first time I saw Eric live, EricCarmen.com was still almost a decade away from being created, and I had no idea what was to come!

Bernie

I had a string of bad luck issues when looking to see Eric. I had tickets (probably around 1976 or so)at Avery Fisher Hall only to have the show cancelled. I'm not sure what happened...maybe ec could tell us. I also had (ironically) second row seats to the Dirty Dancing Tour at Radio City...of course it was a show where ec did NOT perform (sonuvabiotch!!!!). I'm sure the upper seats heard me curse when the pre-show announcement was made. mad I'm so glad that Eric told us at ec.com what a cluster you-know-what that tour schedule happened to be. I didn't know back then what had happened.....NOW I understand!

FINALLY I got to see him with Raspberries @ BB King's on the famed Sunday night. Terrific show indeed! One of the best shows I've ever seen. But I sat the whole night next to "Beatlebum" (sonuvabiotch LOL)