Prayers needed for Robin Gibb

missm

How sad, I was 10 yrs when Saturday Night Fever came out , i of course could not see the movie at that time but loved the music when i heard it on the radio. I got the album one Christmas and still enjoy hearing the music to this day. How awful Barry and family has to go thru this again. pray

Monica

Reaching out with power and energy. Those around him can touch him and talk to him. Bring in some music, too, and play it.

He had just announced a "spectacular" recovery from cancer, being in remissiion. Then he went to the hospital for a blood clot in his colon. And that's usually something they look for, after any medical operation.

I was wondering how he caught pneumonia, but then I realized that he had another operation. That's when people catch things.

He was more suseptible to catching something then.

I was about to add some things that might help, after his last announcement.

They need to keep his lungs drained properly, so he can get oxygen.

For now, he has to be fed intraveniously.

To get a quicker gain on better health- electrolytes, and probiotics(That's a food you eat, in some yogurts) which help in bringing proper culture levels in his body, for higher and quicker recovery. What probiotics do is to regenerate energies in the body, and balance. It helps other foods eaten to work their best. People lose this, as they age.

It's very sad that this is happening, and I truly do feel for Robin and his family, but he has been "near death" more or less for a few months now. None of us are meant to live forever, and if he were one of my family members, my hope would be that he didn't linger and suffer if recovery isn't in the picture... I see no sense in prolonging someone's life for a few months if those months are going to be filled with powerful drugs, side effects that can be horrendous, being hooked up to a multitude of equipment, either occasionally or full time, not being able to enjoy a meal, not being able to get around on your own, and on and on... this isn't "living", in my opinion. I speak from experience, I've seen more than one family member linger and suffer before they died, and trust me, they do NOT want to live this way. Keeping someone alive isn't always the humane thing to do. I just hope if he will never have any quality of life anymore, that his suffering ends sooner rather than later.

It's especially tragic because he worried that he would suffer like his twin, Maurice, and that's exactly what's happening. All I could think about were Andy and Maurice also. I feel deep sympathy for his lovely wife and family. And Mrs. Gibb has buried too many of her children. That's not the natural order of things.

Robin, you have my prayers too.

frownheartpump--Dar

It's very sad that this is happening, and I truly do feel for Robin and his family, but he has been "near death" more or less for a few months now. None of us are meant to live forever, and if he were one of my family members, my hope would be that he didn't linger and suffer if recovery isn't in the picture... I see no sense in prolonging someone's life for a few months if those months are going to be filled with powerful drugs, side effects that can be horrendous, being hooked up to a multitude of equipment, either occasionally or full time, not being able to enjoy a meal, not being able to get around on your own, and on and on... this isn't "living", in my opinion. I speak from experience, I've seen more than one family member linger and suffer before they died, and trust me, they do NOT want to live this way. Keeping someone alive isn't always the humane thing to do. I just hope if he will never have any quality of life anymore, that his suffering ends sooner rather than later.

Well said, Julia. I have patients under "inpatient hospice" care at times, and, as a nurse, I can tell you that this is one of the most rewarding things I do...helping a family through the final days or hours and doing everything I can to keep their loved one comfortable. Families are so grateful. The hardest part is usually making the decision with doctors that the time for hospice care has arrived.

Jean