New Beach Boys Single-Kinda?

ira

If I understand this correctly..."Don't Fight The Sea" was originally recorded as some basic tracks in 1978.

It was written by Al Jardine and "Season In the Suns' Terry Jacks.

Al released his version on his "A Postcard From California" album.

The reunited Beach Boys did this version anew with some of the old basic track including Carl in there too as a single to raise money for Japan after the dreadful tsunami.

Tony...You are right...I woke up and suddenly began listening to Adele...Cee Lo Green...rihanna...Taylor Swift...

I awoke from a coma I've been in since 1967 and Bobby Vee's comeback hit..."Come Back When You Grow Up"...and realized it was Feb. 2012.

Good song.

With all due respect to the Boys, I have serious doubts that they can replicate the vocals of old for their reunion shows. The songs were tough to sing as 20-year olds, so no harm in the fact that they're tough for (soon to be) 70yr olds. I think that they will really be depending on Scott, Jeffrey, Nelson, etc., to help out.

Yup Marvin...I have no doubts that their version of "Eric's Overdubs" will be "Back And Center"...as opposed to front and center...at these concerts...But with all apologies to Eric and the Raspberries...the Beach Boys got me thru my tough tough childhood...they are my favorite group of all time....and I'm hoping the shows I'm attending will be as significant to me as the Raspberries Reunion Shows.

Yup...you're right.."Don't Fight The Sea" is a good song.

Yup Marvin...I have no doubts that their version of "Eric's Overdubs" will be "Back And Center"...as opposed to front and center...at these concerts...But with all apologies to Eric and the Raspberries...the Beach Boys got me thru my tough tough childhood...they are my favorite group of all time....and I'm hoping the shows I'm attending will be as significant to me as the Raspberries Reunion Shows.

Yup...you're right.."Don't Fight The Sea" is a good song.

For me as well, the BB's are part of a triumvirate of groups that mean everything to me. Brian is on a pedestal that he shares with very few others. If the show makes it's way to Calgary, I'll go, but having seen the Boys in the 70's and 80's, and Brian last year, I will keep memories of the past strong in my mind.

ECatw...Ya know I LOVE the Beach Boys "All The Way"...But inconsistency...and Brian's battles to evolve after the "Surf Years" have produced both GREAT stuff...and embarrassing stuff thruout the 70's and 80's

Yup..on the heels of the 50th reunion...this moving song made alot of us feel good AND young again.

Thanx for your kind post.