2012 Grammys

ira

All Tony Cartmill teasing aside...He's right that I tend to really revere older music...

....and I haven't sat and watched the Grammys in years as a result.

Unfortunately one reason I will be glued to the "Flat Tube" this year is to see Jennifer Hudson's tribute to Whitney.

In what is now only a footnote...there WILL be a GREAT lineup of classic and new performers...Original Beach Boys....Tony Bennett... Springsteen..McCartney...Walsh...

Take a look....

http://www.grammy.com/news/musics-biggest-performer-lineup-0

(I hope somehow this telecast manages to be a celebration of Whitney's life. )

I'm wondering, too, about a possible tribute or mention of Amy Winehouse in the show.

And Adele, who got approval from her doctor after vocal surgery(vocal hemorraging, from a benign polyp) to sing, will be singing, also. She is nominated for several Grammy's.

I was reading a story, and her doctor said the typical recovery time is 3 1/2 to 5 weeks recovery.

Paul just got his 'Star' in Hollywood, this past thursday, I think it was. He thanked his fans and said, "It was because of you" that he got his star on The Hollywood Walk Of Fame. I was surprised that he was the last one to get a star.

I thought he had one already. They did mention Capitol Records. So, I wonder if it's right somewhere near the studios. It's been awhile for a walk on the walk of fame, but I think I've seen one for Ringo, George Harrison, John Lennon, and The Beatles. I'll be going out for a visit, because there is also a famous boxing Gym near Hollywood and Vine. Vidal Sassoon, the famous hair stylist/entrepreneur had a wish on his 70'th birthday to go to that Gym. And he got to see one of the top boxers training there. Freddie Roach, Pacquiao's trainer, trains boxers there.

And as I have NO doubt that Steve and Marvin know...Glen Campbell...Beach Boy for 6 months...replacing Brian after his breakdown...and before Bruce stepped in...is battling Alzheimer's.

Just got Glen's CD..."Ghost On The Canvas" from Clark N.J. library...Whew!!!

And as I have NO doubt that Steve and Marvin know...Glen Campbell...Beach Boy for 6 months...replacing Brian after his breakdown...and before Bruce stepped in...is battling Alzheimer's.

Just got Glen's CD..."Ghost On The Canvas" from Clark N.J. library...Whew!!!

"Canvas" is a really strong set of songs. Glen's previous release, "Meet Glen Campbell", is also a very strong effort. I like how he's surrounded himself with his children in his band.

So what did you all think?

I LOVED seein' the Beach Boys together and seein' them gettin' their "Props".

I thought they sounded great...Whatever you think of Mike Love...He is tremendously poised and a GREAT frontman for the group.

Whad'ya think of McCartney?

Lastly..forgive me...But I had NO idea how cute...charismatic...and what talent and star quality Taylor Swift has...I thought her performance was wonderful!

"The Boys Are Back In Town!

The real highlights were tributes to The BBs, and Glen Campbell. The Foo Fighters are always good, and Adele's "Rolling In The Deep" is a fine song. Finally, 70 year old man closed the show, and blew them all away. Sad, and great at the same time. All in all, a good show. Someone tell that guy from maroon 5 to lean his harmony part, so he does not look clueless!