Jim

MJ

Jim Bonfanti posted on Facebook this morning - apparently he had a heart attack on Friday night and is being sent home today - please join with me the sigh of relief that he is on the mend and send all good thoughts to the man who can bash it out as good as Keith Moon! xxxoooo

I was there...

On Thursday night Jim, Barb, and many others were at the Tequila Sunrise show at the HOB - Jim played drums during one song and of course rocked the house! On Friday night Jim played the first set with Boxer and was playing as great as ever (I got a drumstick he threw after it broke)! I really don't have any details beyond that and I don't want to say anything that may be incorrect. I know that when I saw him briefly between sets - He was kind enough to sign the drumstick for me - he looked ok. He then went backstage and ended up being transported to the hospital a little while later. In the meantime Paul and Jeff played some acoustic selections until Derek "Goose" Braunschweiger went behind Jim's kit and finished off the night.

I'm sure there will be updates posted on facebook.

Continued prayers for Jim's full recovery!

Tim

Carol, what a beautiful post! Tim, thanks so much for sharing your time with Jim with us. Barb is, of course, shaken and said she's "a little emotional" over the events that happened this weekend, but she thanked everyone for the outpouring of caring, offers to help and prayers and said that it's times like these you see how many friends really care.

Jim is most likely already home and resting in the best care possible, Barb's and his family's. Love is the greatest cure, and I know he's surrounded by it, from them and all of us.

Thank God indeed for a happy ending.

:)--dar

darlene said:

Carol, what a beautiful post! Tim, thanks so much for sharing your time with Jim with us. Barb is, of course, shaken and said she's "a little emotional" over the events that happened this weekend, but she thanked everyone for the outpouring of caring, offers to help and prayers and said that it's times like these you see how many friends really care.

Jim is most likely already home and resting in the best care possible, Barb's and his family's. Love is the greatest cure, and I know he's surrounded by it, from them and all of us.

Thank God indeed for a happy ending.

I just say what's in my heart, Darlene. Although I have never had the pleasure to meet him personally, He just comes across as such a wonderful and sincere man. He is always so kind to personally answer me on facebook and really seems to connect with people. He is truly a blessing and I am honored to know him even if it is in a blog session. I hope with my heart and pray to the good Lord that Jim makes a full recovery and that his family has many happy and rewarding years left with the man they call husband and dad. One day, God willing I will have the opportunity to actually meet him.

Carol, It's so wonderful that you "got" all that about Jim without ever having met him! You are spot on with your appraisal. He's all of what you said. Kind, sweet, down-to-earth and genuine, caring. An absolute love. And so is Barb. They were high school sweethearts, and still are in every sense of the word! The PERFECT couple.

I have no doubt that one day you WILL meet Jim in person. No doubt at all.

:)--D