Beach Boys 50th Anniversary Tour

marvin

On that 'Fun, Fun, Fun' vid I posted a couple of weeks ago, the guys looked like they were having a good time together. Man, has it been 50 years? I remember buying the 'surf singles' with my lawn mowing money in the early 60's.

I'm looking forward to the album (can you say 'iconic'?)- not sure if I'll catch them in concert, tho. We'll see...

I am so on the fence about this. From a nostalgic point of view I think it's wonderful that they are doing this. From a musical point of view (and I mean this with all due respect), Mike, Brian and Al can't sing like they used to. I think the backing musicians, (and I'm hoping it's the current crew - Jeff, Darian, Nelson, Scott, and Probyn - from Brian's band), will really be called upon. Having said this, if the tour comes anywhere near my city, I'll definitely go.

It will be interesting to hear the new recordings, and I'll buy it just because. The clip of "Do It Again" sounds great, but that could just be studio wizardry.

Back in 1979 or 80 - I was supposed to go see them in Philly at some stadium and my mom didn't want me going to such a big outdoor event - everyone got heat stroke there it was almost 100 there. Anyway - if they play anywhere near Tampa or Orlando I will make a conserted effort to get my butt to that show - I want to hear the tunes and be a part of it after growing up with the music all my life!

Exciting! Here are excerpts from the site posted above:

Brian Wilson: ". . . I miss the boys and it will be a thrill for me to make a new record and be on stage with them again."

Mike Love: ". . . Wouldn't It Be Nice to Do It Again? Absolutely!"

Al Jardine: ". . . honored to sing the praises of California"

Bruce Johnston: ". . . imagine what we all could come up with vocally in a recording studio atmosphere under Brian's musical direction."

David Marks: ". . . we can all reunite and pay tribute to the fans who have kept the music alive."