Prayers needed for Blackhawkpat

missm

Thanks to all for your prayers and well wishes. I am home now, but still being watched closer than Obama at a Republican rally (shout out to Cartoon World!). It was very touch and go and every time things would improve, something crazy would happen, like going 24 hours without being allowed to eat, then being given expired orange juice (thanks!)and you KNOW the result of that!

They thought I was having a heart attack, but it seems that I broke some blood vessels near the heart from all the coughing I have been doing from the pneumonia. That raised my potassium levels sky high and it became a very dangerous situation. My diabetes went haywire, too, from everything going on. I passed all the stress tests with flying colors, though, so my heart is as pure as my mind...well....

I haven't been poked and prodded this many times since.... ahhh, why wreck all these beautiful thoughts with some high school humor, right? But you get my gist. My arm looks like a pin cushion and my chest still feels like it could explode, but as long as the heart is fine, I can deal with the pain.

Also had some allergic reactions to the breathing treatments they have been giving me non-stop for a week, which was why I couldn't talk for more than thirty seconds at a time, but hopefully, it's all fixed now.

Once again, my two beautiful families, at home and here, come through for me with their wonderful thoughts and prayers. It was amazing the outpouring I received from friends here, on other websites, emails, or phone calls (even got phone calls from some posters on my MIA thread!)

You guys are the best...but, we already knew that! Right now, I need rest, but glad to be back.

I'm so glad...Spoke to you once on the phone on a Tommy Conference Call...and liked you even better "Live" than on your CD's......Pat...So glad you're O.K.

Methinks new Cubs G.M. ...Theo Epstein WILL deliver you Chicagoans to the "Promised Land". wink

Pat is a wonderful friend - greatly appreciated his help in Chicago when I was in town for the Raspberries' January '05 show, and enjoyed visiting with him at a Kyle Vincent show in Chicago in June '06. Have been on the phone and online with him since. Prayers for you, Pat!

Jennifer

Pat, I'm relieved that you're home, and I'm hoping to get you on the phone before our hockey draft. It was nice to see so many well-wishers sending positive vibes your way -- especially because Jennifer was one of them! Hi Jenn -- I mentioned you in a Lindsey Buckingham thread the day before you posted, wondering if you'd heard his new album. Check it out -- and welcome back!

Pat, let's compare hockey notes soon! (Of course, you'll be doing most of the talking, and I'll be doing most of the note-taking!)