FAVORITE western tv series

Brian Mc Carthy

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, you're onto the second page of this thread and no mention of "The Big Valley" yet? "Bonanza" was the big one of that genre, but I loved catching The Big Valley in reruns after school when I was a kid. It's still on from time to time (that Me TV network), and it's awesome.... How can you not love Linda Evans?

Yes, I had noticed those dishes and thought, at the time, that they were pretty cute.

Anyhoo, my favorite western tv series are....

The Big Valley....did anyone other than me notice how much Lee Majors looks like Elvis Presley?

Elvis and Lee...together!!

Bonanza - I was wild about Adam Cartwright....

Hey, you're onto the second page of this thread and no mention of "The Big Valley" yet? "Bonanza" was the big one of that genre, but I loved catching The Big Valley in reruns after school when I was a kid. It's still on from time to time (that Me TV network), and it's awesome.... How can you not love Linda Evans?

More evidence we have similarities....I loved Big Valley, I loved catching it after school, have recorded a few episodes from Me TV, and yeah, as a kid I dug Linda Evans on Big Valley, probably she at that age was one of the most beautiful women the human race has produced!..

My favorite though was Gunsmoke. Here's what I wrote in the James Arness thread of a few months ago:

"I think the later years Gunsmoke was the best TV series ever.

Each episode was like a movie unto itself. Each episode had new characters (episodes were so often centered around the guest stars), different sets etc etc.

Great creative work, and a great and moving TV show.

And Matt Dillon was the center of it all.

RIP James Arness"