Former EC Posters

blackhawkpat

When I saw Maggie Clarke's name mentioned in another thread, it got me thinking how many great people we have lost here over the years and wouldn't it be great to try and get some of them back? Some just seem to slip away and we never know why (....or do we?)

Here are some regulars that I would love to see return or at least hear from them or know if active posters are aware of their whereabouts, just to make sure they are okay (feel free to add, as I mean to slight no one):

Hungryeyes( I just went to Beatlefest with her a few months ago and miss the heck out of her, love her to death....come back, Gina!)

Danmichel (where are ya buddy? used to talk on myspace, when myspace was cool! Haven't heard from in well over a year)

Beatlejay (alive and well in the Raspberries fantasy leagues, but we miss you here)

Ecstasy (speak to her often on FB, but we miss you, Kathy Lee!)

Hosskrantz (I met this Wally Bryson fan at both the Chicago and Wisconsin Raspberries shows...where are ya?)

aggiesjc (miss you, Jen! No doubt at a Kyle Vincent show somewhere in America, but we miss you on EC! GREAT poster....)

Gordharris (poof! just disappeared)

Kazumi (met her in Chicago in 2005 at Berries show and haven't seen or heard from her since)

anymore?

Oh, I SO agree with you, Pat. I miss all the people you mentioned !!!

Others that pop into my head are:

LarryGL

BeatleJay's other half, Lisa

June

AnnieK

Art

BeachBaby

Badfinger Barb

Gene

Julie (from Iowa)

Old Blue

You all have such great insights and brought to much to the board !! Come back you guys !!!

Oh, I SO agree with you, Pat. I miss all the people you mentioned !!!

Others that pop into my head are:

LarryGL

BeatleJay's other half, Lisa

June

AnnieK

Art

BeachBaby

Badfinger Barb

Gene

Julie (from Iowa)

Old Blue

You all have such great insights and brought to much to the board !! Come back you guys !!!

There are a few people who made a conscious decision to leave for whatever reason. I speak with LarryGL very often, and he is well, now living in Florida.

Gordharris (poof! just disappeared)

I actually just heard from Gord. He's been without a computer, so has been checking the website off and on since last seen here. He did tell me of some good news on his front, he won a nice cash prize in the lottery and has been using the money to better his life (as well as some less fortunate than himself!) Way to go, Gord! Just wanted to give him a "shout out" here 'cause he was such a swell guy!

Bernie

Some of those names do stir up some good memories (Hungry Eyes Gina, AnnieK, BadfingerBarb...

I think more than anything..the "Facebook" thing has really replaced the "Message Board" concept. Back when we started here...there wasn't even a MySpace yet and most of us were still on dial-up connections.

If any of our old friends are out here, stop by and say hello once in awhile, will ya!!!

I couldn't believe it, when I saw Gene the photographer attended the recent concert that Wally put one.

And some of the people who drove the truck that brought us The Raspberries equipment so we all could hear their songs. They told us how their trip was going, with sometimes rain, and having to wait for a part to repair the truck.

One of them is a stage person who would hand Wally all of his guitars. Even tuned them, sometimes. I think that is Ernie who has worked with Wally for, I don't know, 30 to 40 years. I saw him on The Bryson Group website. Where you can hear from Wally, now and then.

And there was the lady who traveled with Ernie and someone else, on their trips to play concerts.

Glad to know BeatleJay is doing well. I saw him on another site, when I was listening to AndieMay's short version of "Close To You" by The Carpenters.

Why do birds suddenly appear

Everytime, you are near?

Just like me they long to be

Close to you

Why do stars fall down from the sky

Everyime you walk by?

Just like me, they long to be

Close to you

And the overdub/ guitarist who plays for Taylor Swift. He was engaged, and I guess now married.

Plus one of the ladies who was one vocalist/tambourine player during The Raspberries House Of Blues Tour. I think I heard her on the radio, when Eric and some of the band were interviewed live on Indie 103.1 radio, which I believe now is only heard on the internet. The interviewer played for a very famous band. And he became a radio host.

Eric even played a short Twilight Zone music intro during the interview, on his acoustic guitar. The question Eric answered was something like, "That was interesting". Then Eric played the intro. Also, he explained how the band didn't want to wait, until they were "in their frickin eighties" to tour.