5K Run For Breast Cancer

ira

Had a GREAT time today...Completed 5K run for Breast Cancer.

Lovely atmosphere...Gospel singin' and dancin' afterwards....Special Walk followin' the 5K run for breast cancer survivors...AND...there were not THAT many runners...(though the turnout for the event was large)...BUT this 60 year old guy finished 22d outa 65!...

Here I am beaming at home afterwards.

http://s578.photobucket.com/albums/ss226/irsper/?action=view&current=108.jpg

Ira..I must confess...this goes way back to my childhood days playing all kinds of sports...lettering in football and baseball in high school....this also includes my time boxing in my local PAL. I absolutely f$%^&*@ hate jogging! I mean it!! lol

Thanks guys....Next race...ya a think if I train REAL hard...I can beat out the 17 year old Kenyan kid from Union City N.J. wink

(BTW...for those that don't know...conditions are so rural in Kenya...that the winners of MANY NYC Marathons are from this country where their training routines make "Rocky's" pre-fight training...whether punching meat in rhe meat locker...or pulling sleds in Siberia...look like he trains at Lindsey Lohan's Rehab Spa.)

You boxed GMan? What weight?

I must have fought a dozen PAL guys!

I was a big kid, Steve. I was 16 and stood almost 6 feet tall and I weighed 170 lbs. I was always fighting kids up to 2 years older than myself. I never lost either. My trainer, Joe Baressi, wanted me to go into the New Jersey State Golden Gloves. I was so looking forward to that...BUT....my dad WOULD NOT let me do it. I was shattered by my dad's decision...so I grabbed a guitar and took out my frustrations on that. True story.

Thanks Aventurine...I like running in races...rarely do I get as moved as I did Saturday by this cause...There were MANY BEAUTIFUL breast cancer survivors who were celebrating life...that little thing we take for granted.

Light Hvy! in 75 I was 127, 76, 135. My Mom would not let me fight starting at 14. I snuck for 3 years! My Dad and brothers knew! Great sport that they're killing. Need Floyd to fight Manny!

That's ONE of the MANY reasons why MMA is killing boxing as a sport AND business. MMA fans don't have to wait too long for a "dream" matchup. Plus a loss in MMA doesn't kill a fighter's career for a few years unlike boxing.

Thanks Mike...It really moved me...I'm drivin' with a pink pom-pom...the "Pink" bein' for the cause of beating breast cancer... over my rear-view mirror.

The race started and ended at Franklin H.S. in Somerset N.J. and some of the cheerleaders were rooting us on along the route...

As I was nearing the finish line one cutie stepped out to give me a pom-pom...I think she found it neat that the oldest guy in the race...NO SHIT!...was sprinting to the finish line.