2011 MLB Postseason Predictions

TOMMY TUNES

DIVISION SERIES

Brewers over Arizona

Phils over Cardinals

Rangers over Rays

You heard it here first.

YANKS OVER TIGERS IN 4 (Including a Game 1 victory over Verlander)

---------------------------------------------------------------

CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES (to be adjusted after above series)

Yanks over Rangers in 7

Phils over Brewers

WORLD SERIES (to be adjusted after above series)

Phils over Yanks in 6

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's officially a day-long rain delay... and the forecast is really iffy beyond that... Joe Torre sort of hinted... without saying... that if tomorrow is rained out, you could have the first ever post-season double header on Monday... there are no more days off scheduled in the series since Sunday is being used for Game 2 now... and they really don't want to screw up the start of the next round...

Funny thing... this is the earliest they've started the playoffs in quite some time... trying to find a way to avoid late October/early November weather issues...

Personally I think this gives a greater edge to the Tigers... I think their staff after the ace is deeper than the Yankees... I think the Yankees have a deeper relief corps, but... you gotta have a lead to hand over to them...

The Tigers got lucky last night. The Yanks succeeded in getting Verlander to throw lots of pitches in that 1st inning and he even walked 2 batters, something he does not do! I also think the Tiger defense is a little suspect....which is gonna come back to bite them in the ass in this series. OH..BTW Paulie...I think it was a stroke of genius on Joe Maddon's part in starting the kid, Matt Moore, in the first game against Texas. The Rangers hadn't seen this kid before and it sure looks like this kid is the real deal!

Dodgers in 4...

I'll have to settle for a Cy Young award and an MVP, I guess!

Cy Young... quite likely, but I'll be surprised if the MVP goes there... unless there are no "studs" on a division winner or contender, the guys lower in the league have little chance... But I could be wrong, some of the writers might "feel bad" for the Dodgers in light of their ownership problems and want to "throw a bone" to the franchise...

DIVISION SERIES

Brewers over Arizona

Phils over Cardinals

Rangers over Rays

You heard it here first.

YANKS OVER TIGERS IN 4 (Including a Game 1 victory over Verlander)

CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES (to be adjusted after above series)

Yanks over Rangers in 7

Phils over Brewers

WORLD SERIES (to be adjusted after above series)

Phils over Yanks in 6

Knew my Yanks would win Game 1 even if technically they didn't beat Verlander.They should EAT Scherz er for lunch today. With the possible exception of Rays / Ranger who split so far I am looking like NostraTOMus.

Tommy - Scherzer looked pretty damn good to me!

Speaking of pitchers and playoffs, though.......Since Cliff Lee started out 7-0 in the playoffs, with an ERA of 1.26, dating from the start of the '09 playoffs through last year's ALCS.....he has gone 0-3 (including last night's loss) with an ERA of 7.13!!! Not exactly what the Phillies were counting on in the post-season, I suspect.....

Got asked to put in my predictions, which is kind of like playing the lottery AFTER the numbers are pulled, but I'll write what I expected to happen.....

Tigers over Yankees in four

Rays over Rangers in three (yeah, that won't be happening!)

Brewers over Dbacks in three

Cardinals over Phillies in five

Tigers over Rays in six

Brewers over Cardinals in six

Tigers over Brewers in five

Both the Rays and the Yankees might be done after today... Yankees are pinning their season on A J Burnett... and his 5.15 ERA... I'm guessing the Rays will be going with Nieman, I haven't heard but... they said Moore won't pitch again this series (which Maddon might need to rethink)... The Rangers eked out the 4 - 3 win Monday night... Delmon is looking like a stroke of genius pickup by Detroit right now... AROD and TEX are not hitting for the Yankees, but Girardi has said he's not tinkering with his lineup, so...

It'd be ironic if neither team from the AL East makes it to the LCS! shocked