High School Class Reunions

Kirk

You guys been to any of yours? I just had my 40th...haven't missed one yet!

The 10 year- Focus was on careers.

The 20 year- Focus was on families.

The 30 year- Focus was on success.

The 40 year- Finally, no pretenses- probably the most fun yet!

I got the official picture in the mail today...I was thinking about going in the cave man outfit. Probably better that I didn't:

So, how have your reunions turned out?

Kirk, you look very handsome and it is good that you didn't wear the caveman outfit!! The ladies in attendance would have lost their minds!

As for my High School reunions, I tend to stay away. Afterall, I live in the same town I grew up in so EVERYDAY holds the potential for a HS reunion of some sort!!

As for college, well that is one that I will attend...once we move to Iowa!!!

Great picture, Kirk ! It looks just like the "you" I remember meeting at the Raspberries Reunion !

I missed my 10 year HS reunion, but went to the 20th and...(gulp)...30th, and had a great time. I went to a small Catholic HS, so we all knew each other pretty well. (which is sometimes good and sometimes NOT) grinsmile Most everyone makes a real effort to come to the reunions, too, so besides catching up on news, families, etc., we have one great big PARTY, (and pretend we're all 17 again) !

I'm looking forward to my 40th in a few years !

I graduated in '59. Left the state in '62. Moved back to CA in '73. Could never find a reunion date. The school was unaware of any reunions for my graduating class. Decided no one cared so let it go.

I was returning from a trip to Hawaii some months ago and sitting in the Hawaiian Airlines gate seats waiting for my flight when I heard a group sitting near by talking about my hometown. I mentioned to the man sitting a few seats away that that was my home town and that I graduated in '59 from Stagg High. He called a bunch of people over and guess what. After over 50 years I found my old classmates. They were returning from a vacation in the Islands as a group. There is a reunion about every 5 years at different places. Strange how things happen.

Belle

Lookin good, Kirk! I only went to my 5th Reunion and then we had a picnic for the 15th so I went to that, too. Now with Facebook, I'm in touch with most of my classmates, some whom I have not seen since graduation in 1975. So, no need to go to any more reunions!

My best friend from school (who also was an Eric Carmen fan) told me that if we ever lost contact that we should have a pre-set reunion time and place. We picked a date in the year 2000, and decided to meet at a cafe that we often went to. She suggested 12 midnight and I wrote it on a scrap of paper. Then I told her that we should make the time 12 noon in case the place was out of business and I didn't want to be standing in front of "who knows what" at midnight waiting for her (being the practical person that I am, since she was frequently late). We disagreed because she thought that "midnight" was much more meaningful, but in the end she gave in. So I crossed out the word "midnight" and wrote "noon". I put that slip of paper in my wallet and always carried it with me.

But this was a typical disagreement of ours, she wanted the

later time so as to be more dramatic.

We ended up losing our friendship years later, and it was not under happy circumstances, after we finally realized that we had little in common. But I never threw out the slip of paper, and, yes, I went to the reunion spot at noon. Needless to say she didn't show up.

But then she called me on 9/11/2001, to see if I was okay but we only talked briefly. Later on I sent her a note and we did end up having a reunion at the cafe, but our different interests and values prevented us from continuing to keep in touch.

MM- your reunion story has both "Boats Against The Current" and "She Remembered" themes running through it. Just for the record, I would have shown up at the cafe, just as you did; in addition, I would have come back at midnight, also (sucker, I know)! Thanks for sharing!

MM

Sounds like, with a good screenwriter, this could make a very interesting chick flick for TV.

With an excellent screenwriter it could be a really good theater movie.

Of course we'd need to hear a lot more details (or made up info for privacy) to fill in the time gone by spaces.

It is sad when friendships deteriorate but an interesting study in how relationships and people change.

Also music by EC in the movie of course. Especially since you both were/are fans of his music.

This is sounding better and better to me or am I just getting carried away by the drama in my mind?

Belle