Well I Guess It Happens on Every Board

MJ

but people being asked to leave on the Fender Precision Bass board? Just because they were posting Pennywise the Clown photos and derailing some threads?? Who knew??? I personally just ignored most of the stupid stuff and read the threads where they told me things about the bass and/or playing that applied to me lol.

I guess we tend to forget that we are not the reality or the you tube stars but just a bunch of people typing back and forth to one another lol. I'm just glad I am not an administrator - I'd probably ban everyone lmfao.

It simply means that even the Fender site wanted people to only talk about Fender basses - nothing more, nothing less. No one was allowed to show their "personality" on the board and have some fun. In all cases someone always seems to get offended by a post or a comment. The typed word is usually always taken in the wrong context - you need to see a facial expression to see if the person is being serious or not - unless you are Tommy, who keeps a poker face at all times ahahahah. Make sense now?

Don't worry, MJ, I got it. Having run this website since 1997, I've seen it all. And it still makes me scratch me head when a thread about one of Eric's early band member's death garners 8 responses while one titled "Any cat lovers out there?" gets 34! EricCarmen.com? Sheesh.

Bernie

And yet that is as much a tribute to you (and Eric of course) for allowing those of us who are his fans to have this place of common ground... and afford us the freedom to be ourselves. And really, do we want insincere comments on Bob McBride's passing just so people can feel they've "paid their dues?"

I've seen some sites that "make" you post two posts in the "serious" section before you're allowed to go to the "fun and games" sections... each and every day you sign in! Personally, I'm more interested in the real, heart-felt posts rather than a bunch of numbers who are just doing what they have to before doing what they want to...

I guess I'm saying, "Kudo's" Bernie... for allowing us to not respond to serious threads unless we are moved to do so. laugh

Don't worry, MJ, I got it. Having run this website since 1997, I've seen it all. And it still makes me scratch me head when a thread about one of Eric's early band member's death garners 8 responses while one titled "Any cat lovers out there?" gets 34! EricCarmen.com? Sheesh.

Bernie

But...I love Eric Carmen AND cats. Besides, it was a great cat! Should I post another picture? wink

I made a tribute post for Bob McBride on the Raspberries FB page, and only one person responded...thanks Wendy! And, no other mention of his passing from anyone. Sad indeed. frown

You're not alone Bernie.

I agree with Lori. Keep the cats acomin' Kirk. I understand Bernie only used Kirk's thread as an example to make his point. He could have picked any one of several.

I'm sure all will agree...Eric is VERY welcome to come back and start his own threads...about anything!!! pray

Not having grown up in the OH area and only being about 8 during the Cyrus Erie timeframe, I really couldn't say too much about Bob; I have read about him in Marathon Man and heard that Cyrus Erie was a killer band. It's always a sad thing when former bandmates pass on.

I saw references to Bob's death on the web, but I missed the thread on here somehow - Way too young to die. frown He was never in Raspberries, so maybe that would explain why facebook fans didn't comment?

Anyways, have I ever mentioned that I HATE cats?! Mostly because I'm extremely allergic to them :twitch:, but also because they are evil. wink

Tim

Both can play piano but dogs sing along!

Note:

Regarding topic tangents, they can make it difficult to look things up, but it's usually interesting to see how topics evolve.

Regarding topic counts, it seems more people post condolences to a relative of the deceased. It's not easy to think of something appropriate to say when you don't expect the relatives to be your audience. When I read about Bob's death I decided it wouldn't seem repetitive to new board members and posted a comment with a bit of information already known here.

THAT was adorable...

I have nothing against cats or any other animal, but dear God how I love dogs...

I ALWAYS have...I dragged my mother into every pet store we ever passed...I can remember WAY way back when I was little sometimes in christmas coloring books one of the pictures would be a puppy in a stocking & I thought that there could be no better Christmas present.(run on sentence)

I have pulled over on the side of the highway to chase down a loose dog....my husband is the same.

I have two big beautiful collies that are becoming old guys at this point.

(I am going to be a windbag here)

When we went to get our collie (the last one passed of cancer) we knew which we wanted & went to the farm to get him. As I was holding our new puppy & speaking to the breeder, I noticed that there was another puppy obsessed with my daughter.

Rachel was only about 18 months old at the time & this dog immediately fell in love with her...He followed her every where.

She picked him up & came over to my husband & I and said "look at my new Teddy Bear"

Needless to say,that one sentence TOTALLY melted us & "Bear" has been (along with his brother Gunther) a part of our family for nearly 13 years.

Rachel used to introduce him to people (when she was three years old) as "This is my husband, Bear"

He goes up to bed with her every night and sleeps at the foot of her bed.

That Dog (ANY dog) is one of the greatest gifts you can give to a child(& yourself). The love ,loyalty & companionship is nothing short of profound.....

(I'm done now smile )

That's quite all right, RACHAN. We all love our pets and I admit, I'm a cat lover first and a dog lover second. As I mentioned before, we also have a 2 year old Beagle. He is a sweetie, just like our cat, and I love them both. One thing about dogs, they are very loyal. Cats aren't quite as loyal, but don't let them fool ya. They act like they could care less about you, but just go to work for the day and when you get home, they're all over you. Of course, I'm not supposed to take his "welcome home" too seriously. After all, he IS A CAT, and he really wants me to believe he's not as needy as our beagle is!